Help Opening Gp2x Case

SiIV

Website
Visit site
first of all my headphone jack fell in, which is bad
the top left bottom left screws came out pretty easily, which is good
the top right and bottom right i've been working on for over an hour and won't come out, bad
It appears that we can forget about the joystick problem because GPH did a very very nice job putting the screws in :angry:
anyway, anyone who has unscrewed their case have any suggestions? because i'm getting frustrated over here

your going to void the warranty and open it when you could just send it back and have them fix it and keep the warranty?

hiya

firstly take a deep breath Frustration leads to Anger. Anger leads to broken GP2x

what type of screwdriver are you using?

are you using those thin metal mechanical screwdrivers with those twirly circles on the top.

they have very little leverage i was having trouble with a psp today too

get a screwdriver that is either longer or with a fatter handle those mechanical screwdrivers tend to rip up the screws

can anyone who soldered their fallen headphone jack back pm me please? i have some questions
Ask away, and also All I did was use a medium plastic gripped screwdriver and the screws just flew right out :p Its hard to screw them back in though, you have to make them real tight :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back