Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmagoo

OFFICIAL
Website
Visit site
Interesting thin happened to me today

I bit off the end of my SMC

i usually grip the SMC with my teeth to remove it from the rear of my GP, but i just clean bit it off

so i was wondering if there are any other options

Please Note: I have greasy (most of the time) hands with very small nails so any attempt at pulling is simply out of the question

is it broken now? ive not actually removed my smc since the day i got it. why not use a towel or your t shirt or something like that and push it up with your thumb?

i have not actually damaged the SMC (aside from cosmetically (sp)) This is because, I beleive, that the memory is stored on the gold strip, the rest is just for ease of use

I tried using a shirt but i just can seem to grip it, its like the LYNX all over again

I beleive, that the memory is stored on the gold strip, the rest is just for ease of use

no, the gold strip is just the connections, if you look at the back you can see a postage stamp size object moulded into the plastic, this is in fact the memory.

By the way I use the side of my pointing finger when the finger is rolled-up (hard to explain in words sorry)

i use a moneky wrench, or a glove i made with cocktail sticks stuck to the end of each finger :p

sorry, couldnt resist...

anywho, I just use my fingers, if you cant get it out in one just ease it out in a couple of gentle pulls

I usually just pull the card out with my finger nails, No problem.

But here`s a tip (not the money type ;) ) for all who have problems removing your SMC.

Just use a strip of sellotape © / Sticky back plastic like so:

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

But remember to loop it over the front and back with the sticky side inwards so it sticks to itself and the card and not to everything else. ;)

Disclaimer: I cannot be held accountable bla bla bla. BANG!

But i hope it is useful to someone.

Trooper

I bit mine off also, but only a tiny bit. Used a spot of super glue and some paper to make a tab. Works fine.

i just dont know what to say... :huh: why in the world would u use your teeths? i love my $50 smc so much that im extra careful not to damage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back