Stupid SMC

Lord Namsu

Website
Visit site
My Gp32, as of yesterday, says (thats right its talks to me), anyway it says that i have no SMC inserted.

Does anyone have any idea about what the problem could be?

ANyway I am going to put all the files I had before Sunday back onto the SMC, but i'd like to know what might have happened to my SMC to mess it up so that it doesn't happen again.

oh yeah, and does the back up option in PC Link save all the info on the SMC on your PC because My files are on a couple of PC's not just my home one.

Have you taken out your SMC of you GP32 then put it back in ?

Lots of people seem to have this problem (Including Me) (also check out past posts on SMC problems)

Some people say it's due to static when you take out your card.

But if all it takes to mess up your smc is that then its kind of stupid as i am sure that there are many people using more than one smc

Yes I think there are, some people have no trouble at all (lucky B*******).

But I don't bother anymore taking out my SMC

My first thoughts when I had problems, was it due to cheap SMC's or cetain makes?

No one has come up with a definate answer.

just tried mine, seams ok. no probs, i keep ming in the plastic cases that come t with the smc's and in the gp32 case, maybee the case stops the static buggering up the card? dunno.

Well i have just managed to do the same to mine.. but this occured cause i pulled it out my card reader with out ejecting it... damn drive mappings on the card reader had changed so what i thought was the smartmedia card slot wasn't so pulled it as it was saying there was no valid card :angry: lucky i have a back up of my card. But the gp32 refused to format or touch the card thought it was screwed :eek: luckily found the correct card drive in windows formatted it in 1 second and relaoded all my data back in just under 6 mins... back in gamepark and all is well :) .

Think you gotta be real careful when pulling them out.. when taking it out of the gamepark might be an idea to wait a few secs afterr switching it off to make sure all power is discharged before removing.. rather than switching it off an tearing it out immediately ;) Just cause you want to try out the neogp32 emu in a rush ;)

trooper posted on Aug 4 2003 said:
This may seem silly, But Have you put the smc back in the right way round. :rolleyes:

Just a thought.

Trooper
Lol, viable point, does it even fit in the other way round?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozer posted on Aug 4 2003 said:
trooper posted on Aug 4 2003 said:
This may seem silly, But Have you put the smc back in the right way round. :rolleyes:

Just a thought.

Trooper
Lol, viable point, does it even fit in the other way round?
Believe it or not, Yes.

A friend :blink: i was showing my GP32 to the other day, Was having a go at some games on the GP32.
I took my eyes off him for a minute, Turned back to him and he showed me the screen displaying the Pacman no smc screen with the card still in it. :blink:

The silly dickhead (he is/was a friend) had taken the smc out to have a look and put it back in the wrong way. :eek: :rolleyes: :blink:

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i was sure you couldn't do it .. so i tried the smc no it wouldn't go in something stops it slid it out again and slowly slid it in it did. That trick won't didn't work on my card reader ;)
lol and theres me thiking they were dickhead proof... mmm lets just i hope i havent knackered my 2x128 meg smc's jamming them in the wrong way to prove this theory :rolleyes:

Back