Smc Problems

I tried going to the device manager and it does recognize my gp32, (no yellow exclamaton mark) it also said that this device is working properly.

I just got my card reader today and I formatted my card and tried adding emus and roms on it with still no luck. Am I doing a wrong procedure or something with my card reader? I'm still gatting the same error message.

I haven't been able to play anything on it yet and I can't wait to try it out!

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Cornfed

Are you using windows XP or 2000, If so don`t format the card in the card reader, Leave it as it is, As it should already be formated for use in the GP32.

What games/programs/emulators are you trying to install on the GP32 ?. Most of the software on the GP32 goes in the gpmm folder.

This should be the folder tree of your smart media card (SMC).

root:\
GAME
GPETC
GPMM <--- This is where most of the software for the GP32 goes.
GPSYS
MP3

Software for the GP32 normally consists of a .fxe file (which is the equivalent to a PC`s .exe) such as eg. Snes.fxe and a folder of the the same name (which usually contains any need files the program requires).

Sorry if you already know any of this, I don`t wish to feel as though i am insulting your intelligence.

Trooper

While searching through google I came across an old thread re: formatting smc cards and I pm'ed "ratx" and he suggested I try out mkdosfs.exe. So I downloaded it and tried it out and YEEESS!!! It worked and formatted my card.

Now my gp32 can communicate with the pc link but I don't know how to transfer any files to it. I'll just use my card reader to tranfer some files, as I think that will be easier for me.

I set up my folder tree like you suggested and i am trying to run the nes emu little john.

And no, don't worry, you are not insulting my intelligence. I really appreciate you taking your time out to help me.

Well, going to go and try it out, i'll let you know if all goes well.

Thanks,
Cornfed

Back