Smc Cards In The Usa - Best Place?

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
What's the best place to find cheaply priced SMC cards in the USA?

So far I found some brand new PNY 128MB SMC's for $28 at buy.com. Is that a good price these days?

Getting a BLU next week so time to prepare...

I've heard not too long ago on the posts [would quote it if i could've found it] that SMC cards in the US are becoming obselete, so they're down to about $20. I don't know if this is true, but i'll probably check sometime soon so i'll know if i can get 2 instead of 1 for christmas. I know you can find one for about 30$ if you look a little...

Best Buy is where I got most of my memory cards. If you look around, $20 is about the best you can find. In my opinion, it would probably be the easiest if you have a Best Buy near you and could pick it up from there, saving on shipping costs. ;)

BTW, Are you the Prophet off of the Zodiac boards?

Yeah, I don't know if they still have them at $20 though. There have been really good specials on ebuyer and Newegg in the past as well if I remember right. What I was trying to say is that with Best Buy, if you happen to buy online, you can pick it up at the store to save on shipping.

Edit: On second thought, the pound is strong right now so I might hold off on using ebuyer.

BTW, those PNY's for $28 include free shipping. :)

I think that's a good deal.

Brand doesn't matter from what I recall, correct? A PNY SMC is as good as a Viking or whatever?

Go to www.pricewatch.com. They have the lowest prices on that kind of stuff. 128 mb smc $22 (shipping included).

Pricewatch.com listed banannapc.com as the cheapest ... I just ordered 2 for $44, free shipping.

Thanks Blah!! :D

Thanks Lou. :)

Looks like Banana.com got a bunch of orders tonight. Man, you cannot beat $21 with free shipping eh? B)

Edit: Here's a direct link to the Samsung OEM 128MB SMC's with free shipping (note the coupon code)

http://www.bananapc.com/products/productIn...edia%20128&Op=2

These are barebones bulk SMC's, not retail packaged. I would guess they come in the little plastic sleeve with a label. Not sure.

I have bought a bunch of 128M cards at Banana PC for $22 w/free shipping. They came pretty quick with the default shipping.

These come in a small plastic clamshell case.

Back