Smc Adators

H

hughes051

ok. Before I start I like to say sorry for this post but i would like to ask can i use this which i found on ebay

click here

i know this has been ask and i have read the other forms on the subject but can you once again advise me as it is only 5 pounds
thx

Yes it was mentioned in other topics, about 10 of them being yours.
Its a waste of your money the bios will not allow anything higher then 128 mb, don't ask for a change in them, just be grateful for what you have.
Now drop the subject, your like a dog with a dinosaur bone

Apeiron posted on Mar 30 2005 at 05:41 PM said:
Yes it was mentioned in other topics, about 10 of them being yours.
Its a waste of your money the bios will not allow anything higher then 128 mb, don't ask for a change in them, just be grateful for what you have.
Now drop the subject, your like a dog with a dinosaur bone

Thank you for your advise i will not ask again just learning about the gp32 in fact thinking about a gp32 blu as i have a flu but like a faster one
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop closing and we can talk about this, some people DO want to discuss this..

_____ Posted from the other topic you locked while I was writing______
Wow. So funny! I was just going to post a topic on this today! The reason being, I saw an issue on the forum where they said the GP32 was scratching up the SMC card when inserting and removing. Mine was pretty tough to get in and out so I'm just leaving my SMC in there and not taking it out (128). I do forsee the time when I want to keep what I have on the SMC and not reload it with software.

Having a bigger SMC would be wonderful as it would cut down the possibility of me having to ever remove it. Looking at the thread linked, it doesn't seem possible because of software recompiles... Though the bigger SMC (or adapter) with a bios that only looks at 128 of the card, and uses virtual SMC pages, would be awesome!

:):)

Also, please dont get mad for the supposed lack of searching, sometimes I search before I post but I cannot seem to get the keywords correct. I coulnd't remember what the cards were called so my search would probobly have failed for this topic.. Some people DO try :)

gp32_console Lover

hughes051 posted on Mar 30 2005 at 04:31 PM said:
ok. Before I start I like to sat sorry for this post but i would like to ask can i use this which i found on ebay

click here

i know this has been ask and i have read the other forms on the subject but can you once again advise me as it is only 5 pounds
thx

Of course, buy it instantly! You can use up to 1GB XD cards with your gp32_console. Also check out this product, you can plug it into your gp32 and then emulate N64 and Playstation.
OR you could use the search button, if you want some serious answers.

Geez I'm so glad this forum is filled with mature people... :blink:

Everyone knows people don't spell WRITE.. Everyone knows to USE THE DAMN SEARCH, so either reply with something usefull or don't at all...

:wacko: :wub:

no it's not that, its that this same exact question gets asked at least 2 or 3 times a week, if people read the FAQs before posting there wouldn't be as much flaming as there is.

Sure, I understand :) I support the RTFM theory. But, instead of flaming and having an admin say "this has been discussed before *LOCKED*", they should put their efforts into make the forum a better place. Like perhaps if noone replys having the ADMIN (who should be trying to make the forum a better place) say:

This topic has been discuessed before. I'm going to lock this topic to keep the down the amount of threads on this topic. If you check the FAQ, it answers a lot of these questions:

HYPER LINK TO PIECE OF FAQ WITH INFO

The search functionallity of the forum also serves this purpose, here are a few threads that I got from the search functionallity that discuss this:

HYPER LINK TO THREAD 1
HYPER LINK TO THREAD 2
HYPER LINK TO THREAD 3

Thank You,
Forum Admin

That's all I'm trying to get accross. Just that the people who are here regularly should be trying to put forth effort into making the place the best forum for GP32 discussions, by NOT flaming. Those people should know better and should be trying to help people out, not yelling at them to SEARCH, or making fun of their speling..

;)

Thraka posted on Mar 30 2005 at 06:05 PM said:
Geez I'm so glad this forum is filled with mature people... :blink:

Everyone knows people don't spell WRITE.. Everyone knows to USE THE DAMN SEARCH, so either reply with something usefull or don't at all...

:wacko: :wub:
im resisting saying "how is your post useful? why did you post?" after all everyone already knows.

Fishbong posted on Mar 30 2005 at 05:49 PM said:
hughes051 posted on Mar 30 2005 at 04:31 PM said:
ok.  Before I start I like to sat sorry for this post but i would like to ask can i use this which i found on ebay

click here

thx

Of course, buy it instantly! You can use up to 1GB XD cards with your gp32_console. Also check out this product, you can plug it into your gp32 and then emulate N64 and Playstation.
OR you could use the search button, if you want some serious answers.

HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaha

Whoohooo,

Na, stop it! Ya KILLING ME!!!!

Very good! Keep the posts coming, this is high class flaming!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Thraka posted on Mar 30 2005 at 07:38 PM said:
Sure, I understand :) I support the RTFM theory. But, instead of flaming and having an admin say "this has been discussed before *LOCKED*", they should put their efforts into make the forum a better place. Like perhaps if noone replys having the ADMIN (who should be trying to make the forum a better place) say:

This topic has been discuessed before. I'm going to lock this topic to keep the down the amount of threads on this topic. If you check the FAQ, it answers a lot of these questions:

HYPER LINK TO PIECE OF FAQ WITH INFO

The search functionallity of the forum also serves this purpose, here are a few threads that I got from the search functionallity that discuss this:

HYPER LINK TO THREAD 1
HYPER LINK TO THREAD 2
HYPER LINK TO THREAD 3

Thank You,
Forum Admin

That's all I'm trying to get accross. Just that the people who are here regularly should be trying to put forth effort into making the place the best forum for GP32 discussions, by NOT flaming. Those people should know better and should be trying to help people out, not yelling at them to SEARCH, or making fun of their speling..

;)
Yes I think we should do that too, it would get rid of trashy posts when you are using the search function - where poeple have just been told to search.
I had a minor arguement with Vimacs about it a while back.

instead of making a new bios (impossable) couldnt some one code a program that spoofs the gp32 in to thinking that a 512 sd card is multiple 128 smc card or some thing along that line? just thought of the idea. dont flame me lol.

Bourbon

bourbon posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
instead of making a new bios (impossable) couldnt some one code a program that spoofs the gp32 in to thinking that a 512 sd card is multiple 128 smc card or some thing along that line? just thought of the idea. dont flame me lol.

Bourbon

Yeah that was the idea with the "Virtual" SMC's. So maybe you have to use custom firmware that has a shortcircut of holding the SELECT button down on startup. From there you can choose normal SMC mode or Virtual SMC mode.

In virtual mode it's looking for a particular file structure on the SMC (Or SD), it would be as follows:

ROOT
|----1x128
|----2x128
|----3x128
\----4x128

This would read the directories as 4 Virtual SMC's each of 128meg in size. Lets say you're using a regular SMC of 128meg but you still want to use it in Virtual Mode:

ROOT
|----1x64
\----2x64

So really you can have an adapter that takes ANY type of ramdisk and use it as an SMC of max 128meg of memory. Then you can seperate your roms and types of games into pages. Perhaps even go the length of looking for a text file in the Virtual SMC's directory named "name.txt" that has a string to use as the text of the menu:
ROOT
|----1x128 (name.txt = "NES \ SNES")
|----2x128 (name.txt = "Retail Games")
|----3x128 (name.txt = "HomeBrew Games")
\----4x128 (name.txt = "Genesis")

Thoughts?

Thraka posted on Mar 30 2005 at 11:28 PM said:
bourbon posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:53 PM said:

Bourbon

Yeah that was the idea with the "Virtual" SMC's. So maybe you have to use custom firmware that has a shortcircut of holding the SELECT button down on startup. From there you can choose normal SMC mode or Virtual SMC mode.

In virtual mode it's looking for a particular file structure on the SMC (Or SD), it would be as follows:

ROOT
|----1x128
|----2x128
|----3x128
\----4x128

This would read the directories as 4 Virtual SMC's each of 128meg in size. Lets say you're using a regular SMC of 128meg but you still want to use it in Virtual Mode:

ROOT
|----1x64
\----2x64

So really you can have an adapter that takes ANY type of ramdisk and use it as an SMC of max 128meg of memory. Then you can seperate your roms and types of games into pages. Perhaps even go the length of looking for a text file in the Virtual SMC's directory named "name.txt" that has a string to use as the text of the menu:
ROOT
|----1x128 (name.txt = "NES \ SNES")
|----2x128 (name.txt = "Retail Games")
|----3x128 (name.txt = "HomeBrew Games")
\----4x128 (name.txt = "Genesis")

Thoughts?

We whould take this to the developmnet boards onless its ben chewed over all ready.

Bourbon

Back