Difference Between Different Branded Smc?

Sebas

Still Fresh
I noticed there are a couple of SMC brands like Viking, Samsung, Sandisc... And some are cheaper than others. I can get a 128 Samsung one for about 20$ if I'm patient on Ebay... One like this http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...3829968731&rd=1

But the thing is it's so cheap I'm afraid it might suck ass. Is there such thing as "better" SMC then others? Do some read slowly and affect the overall speed of the GP32 (like slows down emulators... etc)?

i am given to believe that there are only to true types of smc, samsung, and summit else, and any smcs that are branded differently are still actually made by samsung or the other company

Yes but it all boils down to sainsburys. You see, in sainsburys youve got your Heinz Baked Beans, and your economy baked beans, made by Heinz. To the untrained eye you might think, "Oh they must be the same", but wait you untrained fool, they arnt! They leave some stuff out of economy, or use differant sources, so the taste is differant, hence the price differance. But whats that I hear you say? Shouldnt all beans be one low cost price? Why your right my son, which is why I urge each and every one of you to write to your local MP right now, Free the bean my son! Free the bean my friend!

finty101 posted on Jul 25 2004 at 09:35 PM said:
Yes but it all boils down to sainsburys. You see, in sainsburys youve got your Heinz Baked Beans, and your economy baked beans, made by Heinz. To the untrained eye you might think, "Oh they must be the same", but wait you untrained fool, they arnt! They leave some stuff out of economy, or use differant sources, so the taste is differant, hence the price differance. But whats that I hear you say? Shouldnt all beans be one low cost price? Why your right my son, which is why I urge each and every one of you to write to your local MP right now, Free the bean my son! Free the bean my friend!
Economy beans are shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The economy beans are usually in a white tin, say "Economy" or "Value" on them and cost 9p a tin! They taste like crap, and you may even get fewer beans in them (not that I've ever counted). And the reason they taste awful... the tomato sauce is watered down. (Research under taken in my penniless student days.)

Buy branded, you know it makes sense.

uhh anyways getting back to the topic... i love samsung products because im korean (a little biased :lol: ). Otherwise i think sandisk is a good maker because their company specializes in memory cards and such.

Your Korean :eek: Yay

Quick translate game parks new page for us. I can't be bothered to use and online translator. On the old one it told me "the gp32 is dog of the man who threw mp3,......."

You get the point.

In My Opinion, With Branded SMC's, Your mainly just paying extra for the Sticky Lable saying "Viking" or something :p

Allright, i got 2 SMC´s, one branded from Samsung, one Non branded, but GPdrive shows it as Samsung. Now everytime I format my branded one, I get 2 bad blocks. The "unbranded" Samsung SMC has 1 bad block

I've got two smcs, one by Samsung and one by veritech, both made in korea. The samsung-card seems to be superstrong, but the other one can't take a thing; I have to format it all time and when I do a "Smc repair" I often get 6-10 errors repaired and I still can't use it. But that card, the veritech, costed only half as much as the samsung... :rolleyes:

Back