Smash!

Koba

Still Fresh
Well I was walking around playing my GP2x, and some kids come burning around the mall, and knock the thing out of my hands, hits the ground, and smashes the LCD, along with the plastic screen plate... Sooo, now I have to hunt down a replacement LCD and a plastic screen plate, any ideas where to get those? I already took my gp2x apart, and took out the broken lcd, but I can't get the plastic screen plate out.

EDIT: I bought it from Lik-Sang, so the option of sending it back is null...

According to ED, a replacement screen would cost more than a new GP2X to buy separately due to lack of a volume discount. You could look for a dead GP2X to take one from (or hunt down the bastards that ran into you and make them pay).

I had the same problem, although i had to make a new protective screen out of a jewel case, and luckily my LCD didn't break.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...;hl=cd+case+mod

The instructions on getting it dismanteled completely and re-assembled can be found in there, which should help your plate problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sad... I loved my GP2X to pieces, and now its in pieces (lol)... Frickin' hell, I don't have another $200 to spend on a replacement... I wish GPH had a repair service that would cost me like $50-$100...

Back