Smallball In Changeland Wiz Port

Imerion

I just finished porting my game Smallball in Changeland to the Wiz. The Wiz port has much more effects than the older GP2X version and it also has a few other fixes.

It can be downloaded from My Page and also soon from the OpenHandhelds file archive. Enjoy!

9af2c31f03.png

Awesome, just loaded it up, I really like it, good work. One issue though, the volume is really loud and there doesn't appear to be an option to change it, the standard volume buttons on the Wiz do nothing.

Ah, yes. I forgot about that. The old Fenix port had a built-in volume control in the interpreter but the Bennu port doesn't. I'll add a volume control some day soon.

Nice game, I really liked it on the GP2X and on Wiz it controls even better. Looking forward to volume controls, make sure the default sound is low so I can start it up with headphones on :D

Glad to see you sorted out the speed problems, is this entirely because you're using Bennu instead of Fenix?

Done! Here is a new version with volume control : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tmzwzjzqvjn
It should start with low volume and it can be changed with the volume buttons.

Glad to see you sorted out the speed problems, is this entirely because you're using Bennu instead of Fenix?

Not entirely, I had to do some additional optimizations too and it still isn't as flashy as the PC versions. The way I implemented the effect really wasn't a very good one, so I could probably make it run without problems at all if I rewrote the entire thing. But I rather work on new games so I tried some optimizations instead, which at least turned out ok. It would not have worked without the faster Bennu runtime though.

The link just says "Invalid Link" on the mediafire site. Re-upload?

I wouldn't mind a version with volume control too.

Back