Emulator Launcher

KPexEA

Still Fresh
I just got my Wiz last week and my son has already installed a whole bunch of emulators on it.

I thought it would be nice to have an emulator launcher program that displays a list of the games and when you select a game it automatically launches the particular emulator and runs it all in one step.

I just wrote it today using the SDL. For now I just displays a list and lets you cursor up and down through them, I would like to add icons later once I have it farther along.

It is working fine for the Sega Genesis games but doesn't launch the games for the PS1 or for the C64 emulator.

Does anyone know if the C64 emulator (Vice) on the Wiz properly handles command line arguments? As when I launch C64 games it just launched the emulator and sits on the ready screen with the flashing cursor.

My program runs on a tab-delimited config file that is uses to know which games and emulators you have installed, (the '\' char is used to separate arguments).

Here is the current version I have:

sega Sega Genesis /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis ./PicoDrive.gpe
ps1 Sony Playstation /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/ps1 ./psx4all_wiz.gpe
c64 Commodore 64 /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Commodore ./x64.gpe
games
Sonic 1 sega /mnt/sd/icons/sonic1.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/sonic1.smd
Sonic 2 sega /mnt/sd/icons/sonic2.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/sonic2.smd
Sonic 3 sega /mnt/sd/icons/sonic3.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/Sonic3.smd
Sonic & Knuckles sega /mnt/sd/icons/sonicak.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/Sonic & Knuckles.SMD
Sonic & Knuckles 2 sega /mnt/sd/icons/sonicak2.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/Sonic 2 & Knuckles.bin
Fifa International Soccer sega /mnt/sd/icons/fifa94.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/FIFA International Soccer 94.smd
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego sega /mnt/sd/icons/carmenworld.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.smd
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego sega /mnt/sd/icons/carmentime.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Sega Genesis/Roms/Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego.gen
Fifa Soccer 96 ps1 /mnt/sd/icons/fifa96.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/ps1/games/fifa_soccer_96.bin
Digimon ps1 /mnt/sd/icons/digimon.png /mnt/sd/game/Emulators/ps1/games/digimon.img
Grog's Revenge c64 /mnt/sd/icons/grog.png -joydev1\-autostart\/mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Commodore/games/Grogs_Revenge.prg
Donkey Kong c64 /mnt/sd/icons/donkey.png -joydev1\-autostart\/mnt/sd/game/Emulators/Commodore/games/DONKEYK.D64

PS: I'm one of the original programmers on 5 of the games listed above.

Thanks!
KevinP

KPexEA said:
I just got my Wiz last week and my son has already installed a whole bunch of emulators on it.

I thought it would be nice to have an emulator launcher program that displays a list of the games and when you select a game it automatically launches the particular emulator and runs it all in one step.

In any case if your interested I created a frontend similar in design to yours http://sourceforge.net/projects/picklelauncher/

And welcome ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back