Silk screening? Different coloured pyra cases? Pyra Speakers?

I don't really give a shit about bezel either way...   (I also never pictured this as a bezel-less device, especially given that the touch screen is going to be a resistive one)

- Neelix
What does bezel-less have to do with the touchscreen being resistive?

Actually, speakers angle up can work for the sides too. They can be place nearer to the triggers

so our hands are less likely to block/muffle them.
 Nope, that would still be blocked by the hands. And even if it didn't, it would be angling the sound away from our ears. That would once again, necessitate we turn up our volume and make it much louder for those around us.

Yes, and my point was that the reason that most people wanted the speakers out of the lid had nothing to do with the screen size and everything to do with hating bezel.
 Except that it has nothing to do with "hating bezel"  It's just a matter of practicality.  The width of the screen is increasing,  the width of the device is not increasing. (not more than a few millimetres anyway)   That means there will be little room for speakers in the lid. 

I don't really give a shit about bezel either way...   (I also never pictured this as a bezel-less device, especially given that the touch screen is going to be a resistive one)

- Neelix
Oh, I'm sorry, did I say the reason Neelix wanted the speakers out of the lid was because he hated bezel?

-God Ginrai

Oh, I'm sorry, did I say the reason Neelix wanted the speakers out of the lid was because he hated bezel?

-God Ginrai
Fine;  let me rephrase...  

Where did anyone indicate anywhere in any of the arguments that like or dislike of "bezel"  had anything to do with their thoughts on speaker placement?

- Neelix

Let's not turn this into a philosophical discussion about whether we want the glass to be more full or less empty. Either way there is not enough room for speakers.

If the sound can annoy others, you need headphones anyway. Sometimes it is a feature if others can hear it too though. Speakers in the sides still seem a valid solution to me.

Nope, that would still be blocked by the hands. And even if it didn't, it would be angling the sound away from our ears. That would once again, necessitate we turn up our volume and make it much louder for those around us.
Yeah, you right. Would make more sense to tilt the speakers sides that are closest to you inward.

Or... Maybe not. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If the sound can annoy others, you need headphones anyway. Sometimes it is a feature if others can hear it too though. Speakers in the sides still seem a valid solution to me.
That's not true, there are tons of situations where you can have the volume at a level that you can hear it but others won't or will barely hear it. The only time you need headphones is when you would have to have the volume loud enough that others can hear it so that you can hear it as well.

-God Ginrai

Have the speakers on the base and just let the holes run on to the side of the case? If I'm envisioning that correctly, you

only need two speakers and would still have sound on the outside.

Have the speakers on the base and just let the holes run on to the side of the case? If I'm envisioning that correctly, you

only need two speakers and would still have sound on the outside.
That would probably leave an opening for stuff to get into where the screen electronics are.

-God Ginrai

That would probably leave an opening for stuff to get into where the screen electronics are.

-God Ginrai
Some sort of veil behind the holes?
What about pushing the side speakers inward?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back