Signature Rules?

I personally have no problem with draks sig, but can see why people do.

Also im not 100% sure why drak is soo bloody intent on keeping his signature, its really not very good anyway :p

edit: yes, that robot sig really made me feel sick, although i did have a whopping 50kb sig a while ago so i cant talk :(

Dude, what the fuck? Why all the fuss about avatars and signatures? Does it really matter THAT much? It's not like anybody tied you to a chair, forced your eyes open and made you sit there and stare at it for hours on end. Hasn't anybody ever heard of simply ignoring something? Hell, you don't even have to ignore it, just stop fuckin dwelling on it. When I see something annoying, I look at it, say "hmm, that's gay," and then move on... what the fuck, people? "Oh no, I don't like that, so it must be changed to suit me because the world sure as fuck revolves around me!" Hooray for idiocy...

If you're really concerned about loading times, then turn the shit off so none of it ever has to load, and the problem's fuckin solved.

Magus 86 posted on Dec 26 2005 at 05:30 PM said:
Dude, what the fuck? Why all the fuss about avatars and signatures? Does it really matter THAT much? It's not like anybody tied you to a chair, forced your eyes open and made you sit there and stare at it for hours on end. Hasn't anybody ever heard of simply ignoring something? Hell, you don't even have to ignore it, just stop fuckin dwelling on it. When I see something annoying, I look at it, say "hmm, that's gay," and then move on... what the fuck, people? "Oh no, I don't like that, so it must be changed to suit me because the world sure as fuck revolves around me!" Hooray for idiocy...

If you're really concerned about loading times, then turn the shit off so none of it ever has to load, and the problem's fuckin solved.
exactly

Last edited by a moderator:
Magus 86 posted on Dec 26 2005 at 04:30 PM said:

I really could not care less about the content and I am not asking him to change it to something I like. I use more than one PC and not all on broadband and not all use firefox. Why should I have to download some little kids massive anime files. He should have more respect for the public forum and take it down like he was asked.

That's why all the fuss, do you get it now? Or is that too hard for you to understand? Oh that's right you are just another little kid who's parents buy him everything including the fastest PC and fastest internet connection and just can't fathom that some people on here actually pay for stuff themselves.

aapje89 posted on Dec 26 2005 at 12:28 PM said:
Magus 86 posted on Dec 26 2005 at 05:30 PM said:

exactly
Yeah if you hate my sig so much then ignore me or use a popupblocker or something people..

You take your rage out at me, why not take it out on your computer? Geez.. if it bothers you so much ignore ME with pleasure! I reduced my sigs so now it shouldnt take less than a sec to load the 350k combinedness of it all.

Things like this happen online you know? Similar things happen in real life as well. Like an annoying commercial on tv, or the radio that shows way too often and you just despise it, take the choice: ignore me because in real life you cant block commercials without shuttting the tv/radio/newstand or w/e it may appear on ^.^

I never knew such people existed where little things like this bug them :eek: Possibly you may be a perfectionist or something like, but since I dont know who you are... Usually most people will just scroll down and not even pay attention to my sig, since all the text loads before pictures on most websites :)

I havent done anything wrong... I try to obey rules on these forums with respect, and it doesn't mention anything about avatar size or anything like that. What are you saying people? Your trying to force me to change my sig or get rid of it? I sense a hefty amount of communism :huh:

Thank-you. Have a good New year Everyone, im sorry for anyone who doesnt like my sig, just ignore me and stop virtually abusing me like some of you have been doing ;)

Its true that your not doing anything wrong technically.
The most i can do is ask you politely to change it, since it seems to distress a lot of people. Its the same thing as if someone were sitting next to you on a park bench with a radio blasting. All you could do is ask them if they wouldnt mind turning it down. Its your choice whether or not to be a decent person and have consideration for your fellow man.

grahf posted on Dec 26 2005 at 05:26 PM said:
Its true that your not doing anything wrong technically.
The most i can do is ask you politely to change it, since it seems to distress a lot of people. Its the same thing as if someone were sitting next to you on a park bench with a radio blasting. All you could do is ask them if they wouldnt mind turning it down. Its your choice whether or not to be a decent person and have consideration for your fellow man.

The big problem that people had was that it was too big, so I removed 500 kb, by changing my avatar to a 10kb file :)

The sig is only 340ish kb so now it shouldnt be bad at all. B)

To those of us on broadband connections is not too big at all, but that is still considered incredibly large by most people. It would take a few minutes to load on some wireless devices for example.

even so.. 56k/s would only take like 6 or 7 seconds to load it though am I right? plus.. they can just hit stop, and scrool down to read the writing since that loads before everything in inet explorer.

most people use cable/dsl where it loads on a instant on most pcs. Except mac, i hate macs.

Drak posted on Dec 26 2005 at 11:29 PM said:
even so.. 56k/s would only take like 6 or 7 seconds to load it though am I right?

most people use cable/dsl where it loads on a instant on most pcs. Except mac, i hate macs.
but thats an extra 5 or so seconds they have to wait to load the forum...just to see a girl eating bread

Drak, you've been warned by an admin, and you still fight back because of some awful signature? I adblocked your avatar and signature ages ago.
Magus, I think yours has gotten a little big too.
*adblock*

Drak posted on Dec 27 2005 at 12:29 AM said:
even so.. 56k/s would only take like 6 or 7 seconds to load it though am I right? plus.. they can just hit stop, and scrool down to read the writing since that loads before everything in inet explorer.

No, 56k is much slower than that. 500kb takes average of over 2 minutes to
download. 350kb still takes almost 2 minutes. Thats best case, for most people on
dialup its much slower. Plus portable devices, like i mentioned also. People arent just picking on you, it really is excessivly large.

lets see.. 56k is 7kb/s... it takes 56kers over 70 seconds, even in the best possible case, to load your crappy avatar.

Goity posted on Dec 28 2005 at 04:14 PM said:
lets see.. 56k is 7kb/s... it takes 56kers over 70 seconds, even in the best possible case, to load your crappy avatar.
and the kicker is, it's not even that good. In fact it sucks. completely

When I was on 56K speeds the most I got was about 4Kb/sec.

People are moving to broadband, but companies are doing a lot more "pay as you go" cheapo broadband deals, which normally means a 512K or 2Mb connection, but you pay for how much you download. I'm sure these people will be happy paying to download 1Mb for a single persons avatar and signature :p

So it basically comes down to - Stop being so damn selfish, and have some consideration for other people!

rabbits with hats posted on Dec 29 2005 at 12:33 PM said:
2nded

Yeah your right. Its changed, badabing. Ill try not to go over 100kb now and wont use animated ones here since lots of people use those hip pocketpcs. Have a Nice New Year Everyone.

Back