Shutting down Android tablet?

Trip

Sorry, but I suck at explaining stuff :P
Website
ubuntufs.wordpress.com
Getting a cheap Android tablet for xmas to keep me on until my Pandora gets shipped. It arrived today and I give it a quick run through to make sure everything worked and noticed what I presume to be a problem??

When I shut it down (not put it in standby) the backlight seems to stay on. Anybody know if this is a software problem that a re-install will sort out or should I be sending it back?

IMG_20121108_184700.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, cheers :)

And this is when it was shutdown without charging?, if it's plugged in charging, it would just be in a low power mode not fully shutdown..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it's only 80 usd ... It probably is worth just the 80

Try hunting down firmware update somewhere, they probably released hardware before finishing the software.

warning with that, all theses Chinese tablets are looking the same but I already bricked a device using a new firmware from the same constructor, for a device with the exact same name but aimed for china's internal market...

Have you tried removing the battery (assuming that's even possible)?
Battery isn't removable without avoiding the warranty I'm afraid :(

Try hunting down firmware update somewhere, they probably released hardware before finishing the software.

warning with that, all theses Chinese tablets are looking the same but I already bricked a device using a new firmware from the same constructor, for a device with the exact same name but aimed for china's internal market...
Firmware update is the way that I was thinking of going but I was worried to try it for the reason that Elwing's just stated.

That's the problem with buying from other countries I guess. All the official web sites in Chinese and It's going to take more that a month to ship it back and get a new one. Shame as It's a cracking little tablet for the price.

I'll give the company an email and see what they suggest I do with it.

Cheers for the responses guys. I wasn't sure if this was usual tablet behaviour or not, seeing as though I've never owned one before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had similar thing on my Chinese tab, along with a couple other issues,,, flashed the default firmware with a custom one and was sorted.

I'd suggest checking pandawill forums if any other firmware exists for that model

of course the obvious stated cautions exist

Hmmm, it's looking good to be a software issue then cheers Fzero.

I thought it could be, as the tablet charges fine and doesn't seem to drain the battery more than it should do. If it was a hardware problem to do with the power, it would probably effect one of those too.

Just found out that Cyanogen supports a lot of the tablets with Allwinner A10 cpu's, so there's a good chance that I'll end up installing that sooner or later anyway ;)

Back