Shutdown not working correctly

Adventurer

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,

Just received my brand new 1 Ghz Pandora, and noticed strange shutdown behaviour - when I choos shut down from full desktop environment, Pandora is shutting down kernel, then switches off, however, after one second is on and booting to simplified mode. Am I not understaning something, or is there something wrong?

Well if the Pandora is plugged in to a charger it will power back up because it needs to control charging, it's typical behavior.. Actually almost all phones/tablets do the same thing, except the Pandora doesn't have a charging mode (low CPU usage, just used for charging usually just shows a battery meter and blanks the screen) like most phones do so it just go through the normal boot up.

I'm not sure what you mean by simplified mode is.. if you mean minimenu, you must of set that as default desktop environment instead of XFCE4 in your settings and that can be changed in the settings.

Edit: Usually I don't bother fully shutting down when charging, I just flick the power switch once to the right and it will go into low power mode allowing charging.. even off the charger I can have it in that low power mode for over a week before draining the battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot, that was really fast answer :)

Well if the Pandora is plugged in to a charger it will power back up because it needs to control charging, it's typical behavior.. Actually almost all phones do the same thing, except the Pandora doesn't have a charging mode (low CPU usage, just used for charging usually just shows a battery meter and blanks the screen) like most phones do so it just go through the normal boot up.I'm not sure what you mean by simplified mode is.. if you mean minimenu, you must of set that as default desktop environment instead of XFCE4 in your settings and that can be changed in the settings.Edit: Usually I don't bother fully shutting down when charging, I just flick the power switch once to the right and it will go into low power mode allowing charging.. even off the charger I can have it in that low power mode for over a week before draining the battery.

Back