"shut Off" - False Function?

ZoxFox

hey,

when i want to shut off the pandora and i´ll click on the "shut off" - button the pandora reboots. what´s wrong here?

and at the log off screen there is also no oppurtinity to shut down the device... :unsure:

i thought the power switch is only nedded to power on regarding the manual...

Are you plugged into the 'Charger'??

If so, when you click Shut Down, the device will shut down-- then immediately reboot.

Believe this is a known 'feature' due to the fact that charging requires the unit to be powered on.

comp_wizard said:
Are you plugged into the 'Charger'??

If so, when you click Shut Down, the device will shut down-- then immediately reboot.

Believe this is a known 'feature' due to the fact that charging requires the unit to be powered on.

ah thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
It should only be a temporary "feature".
Most modern devices have complex charging circuits that actually require the device to be on in order to charge. The difference between the Pandora and, for example, your cell phone is that your phone likely has a very minimal boot up code: it detects that the charger has plugged in and rather than booting to the "phone", it just boots enough to display the tiny charging animation, and then shut back off when the battery is full.
OPT has said they hope to add a similar charging mini-boot, but it'll take some time.

Thanks guys, I was getting ready to ask this same question. I thought something was wrong. It never occured to me that I was charging, and it needed to be on. I only ever shutdown completely once, and now that I think about it, the charger was unplugged. I thought my system was acting crazy. I guess it was just me! :p

Chris

Back