Show Youre Ds!!

nds_black.jpg

im gonna hav 2 say that looks preeeety tasti

if youd prefer playing a nice looking fps on the psp then play metroid without the thumb nub, like most FPSs are played and then use the thumb nub

personally id go for that sort of accuracy and responsiveness over nicer graphics

and speaking of prerendered, very little of the stuff shown on psp has been claimed to be "in game footage" especially given many of the awkward camera angles in screen shots

You guys are so lucky, I can't get a DS for about a year. Atleast by then alot of people will have one, so multiplayer will be good.

Oct: You have been coming across as an annoying child recently, mainly because you nag on about how the PSP is better than the DS. Justy cool the head and every one will forget about it.

hey oct , you say how the PSP will be great for FPS games , i dont see how thats possible , at most it can just manage ps1 controls

Up = forward
left = turn left
right = turn right
down = backwards
hold L for free look
hold R to lock and strafe

thats the best mode of control i can think of , and its basicly the metroid prime controls(on the cube ), so that bassicly leaves

X to shoot
square and circle for weapon change
triangle to jump

it seems thats how it would work (IMO)

which is *ok* but if your looking for action packed death match , THIS IS NOT going to be as fun as you think, it works ok on metroid prime (cube) because there are other functions such as the ball ect. but for true deathmatch you NEED some form of mouse look , DS touch screen works very nice.

and stop complaining that DS doesnt have a headset , IT DONT NEED ONE XD

Built in microphone. thats all i need to say to your head set argument, and anyhow , multiplayer games are more fun together , online is booring XD

Actually the DS has the expansion to have a headset.. theres a socket and an icon of a headset on mine :)

True it wouldnt be able to handle a hardcore FPS. At most you could get something like Gun Survivor But the graphics will probably be a lot more agreeable during the experience.

ya know what would be great for the DS, a light gun style game , that has the targets on the top screen , and you have to use the bottom screen to shoot them, i dont know about something serious like time crisis , but one of the target type games where you play for highscores (try to remember what its called) i have on ps2 with lightgun *racks brains*

hey oct , you say how the PSP will be great for FPS games , i dont see how thats possible , at most it can just manage ps1 controls

Up = forward
left = turn left
right = turn right
down = backwards
hold L for free look
hold R to lock and strafe

thats the best mode of control i can think of , and its basicly the metroid prime controls(on the cube ), so that bassicly leaves

X to shoot
square and circle for weapon change
triangle to jump

it seems thats how it would work (IMO)

which is *ok* but if your looking for action packed death match , THIS IS NOT going to be as fun as you think, it works ok on metroid prime (cube) because there are other functions such as the ball ect. but for true deathmatch you NEED some form of mouse look , DS touch screen works very nice.

and stop complaining that DS doesnt have a headset , IT DONT NEED ONE XD

Built in microphone. thats all i need to say to your head set argument, and anyhow , multiplayer games are more fun together , online is booring XD
I'm on no side for these ace consoles. But what's it liked playing by pressing the buttons and using the stylus at the same time?

Is that how you play metroid prime?

ty

Last edited by a moderator:
from what i can tell the metroid game on ds

up =forward
down =backwards
left = strafe left
right = strafe right

thumb pad + touch screen = free look

L shoulder = fire.

and the A B X Y and R shoulder button have functions aswell , and because of the thumb pad ( small strap with a piece of plastic that gos on the end of your thumb , is also attached to the wrist strap ) the buttons are easy to use :D , i wudnt want to try poking them a stylus XD

and from the videos ive seen metroid is stunningly beautifull !! a very nice Shooter with 4 player multiplayer , thats good enough for me and my friends :D

ya know what would be great for the DS, a light gun style game , that has the targets on the top screen , and you have to use the bottom screen to shoot them, i dont know about something serious like time crisis , but one of the target type games where you play for highscores (try to remember what its called) i have on ps2 with lightgun *racks brains*

Actually you just reminded me of that konami arcade gun game where you actually have to move your body around to avoid getting shot. That might actually be able to be ported to the DS... you could use the touch pad to move as your body would and then the direction pad to aim. hmmmm

from what i can tell the metroid game on ds

up =forward
down =backwards
left = strafe left
right = strafe right

thumb pad + touch screen = free look

L shoulder = fire.

and the A B X Y and R shoulder button have functions aswell , and because of the thumb pad ( small strap with a piece of plastic that gos on the end of your thumb , is also attached to the wrist strap ) the buttons are easy to use :D , i wudnt want to try poking them a stylus XD

and from the videos ive seen metroid is stunningly beautifull !! a very nice Shooter with 4 player multiplayer , thats good enough for me and my friends :D

that sounds pretty cool ;D

damn straight its cool !

cant wait for pokemon *stress* cant wait for harvest moon *stress* cant wait for mario kart *stress* cant wait for smash bros *stress* cant wait for zelda *stress* all these with wireless multiplayer support ? whats PSP got ?
crash nitro kart XD never as good as ye olde mario kart

THe only that annoys me about Metriod is that is basically no single player. All single player is a practice mode for multiplayer. I really hate it when these kind of games are so fun to play multi but have little or no single player.

no it doesnt

the FULL GAME, what u got with your DS was a DEMO, contains a ropey story line about samus being caught in a war between two races of hunter species

Back