Should We Allow Psx Nominations?

Should We Allow PSX Nominations

• Total voters

MonkeyChops

NO! I don't play basketball
Assuming that, no matter what, at most only 1 of the 2 games per round would be a PSX game.

Remember that even if Levi picks a PSX title from the nomination list for his vote, we all still have to vote it into the round. With that in mind, in my opinion, we already have a self correcting system and it couldn't hurt to have PSX in the mix.

On the other hand, few devices on this forum can handle PSX and some, if not most, people would have to either dust off the old PSX or resort to emulating the game on a computer if they really want to play the PSX choice that may or may not be available that round.

Thoughts?

I'm not too much a fan here; we're sort of skirting around various complicated issues here in the league, and PSX is reasonably 'recent'/active. And getting PSX emulation working on various devices is often complicated and painful.

But restricting to the very most popular (and commonly available discs) might be okay. Are you trying to sneak FFT or RType-Delta in here? ;)

So I'm on the fence over this one.

jeff

I'd have to vote "No", I'm afraid. Aside from the obvious problems with running PSX titles on many of the devices in the league, I personally can't even think of many PSX titles that would lend themselves particularly well to things like high score challenges.

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but I voted Yes simply because of how wide-spread the PS1 was. Most PS3s can play PS1 titles (with many available for download through the PSN store) and all PS2s play PS1 games. There were a few really good action games that would work well for this sort of competition. So many might already have the ability to play PS1 games on actual Sony hardware.

That said, skeezix brings up a good point in that emulation can sometimes be difficult (really easy on a Windows PC if you use the no-plug in emulator "pSX emulator"), and so I won't be upset if we don't use any PS1 games.

Ok 5 to 4, close but I'm gonna go ahead and make the ruling that its cool to nominate psx games with the understanding that said nomination has to make it through the voting round before we'd see it made a playable game for a round anyway and that at most only 1 of the 2 games per round is allowed to be a psx game. Objections?

Back