Should I Use Snesgp2x(nk's) Modded Version?

I've double checked the script is pasted correctly. squidgesnes.gpe is in the squidgesnes 0.37 folder which is on the root of my SD card.

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 250 0.8
cd /mnt/sd/squidgesnes 0.37/
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

You know when I got the GP2X I thought the Neo Geo emulator was going to be the difficult one. I spent weeks reading up on it and as a result got it up and running in the time it took me to transfer the files to the SD card. Never would have thought squidgesnes would have been awkward one.

I might have no clue about coding but I do learn fast. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I know I must be coming off a quite stupid.

have you downloaded cpu_speed.gpe to the top of your card, and removed the .gpe on the filename?

Alternatively, change the script to:

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 0 250 0.8
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Don't worry, once this script works, it'll suddenly seem really easy!

Yep done that to, I'm also getting terrible auto corruptions on any ROM running in squidgesnes if thats of any significance.

Haze posted on Jul 19 2006 at 10:26 PM said:
Yep done that to, I'm also getting terrible auto corruptions on any ROM running in squidgesnes if thats of any significance.

I'm no expert by any means (I compiled that guide from various threads). Maybe try changing the directory to squidgesnes (could it be the space?). What is in that folder, by the way, do you have the 'skin' folder?

You could also try using that gpe writer that i scripted?

Last edited by a moderator:
It does have the skin folder and I used the gpe writer...

I'll leave it for tonight, try again tomorrow with a clear head. Thank you so much for the help.

Any adive you give in the mean time I would welcome, but now I need to sleep!

Hopefully, we'll have it ready and running for the weekend. It's worth the effort (and you only need to figure it out the once)

ste_167 posted on Jul 19 2006 at 09:22 PM said:
have you downloaded cpu_speed.gpe to the top of your card, and removed the .gpe on the filename?

Alternatively, change the script to:

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 0 250 0.8
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Don't worry, once this script works, it'll suddenly seem really easy!

actually .... this can not work, because there's a space in "squidgesnes 0.37" .... try "squidgesnes\ 0.37" instead (the \ marks special characters) OR rename your folder to something without a space and alter the script.

ste_167 posted on Jul 19 2006 at 10:29 PM said:
Maybe try changing the directory to squidgesnes (could it be the space?)

I'm learning bit by bit, g_a_h :)

Finally got it working! If anything its running TO fast now! :)

Still terrible sound tho, is that normal?

Back