Should I Use Snesgp2x(nk's) Modded Version?

Haze

Still Fresh
While I continue to wait my battery to charge I thought I would ask should I use snesgp2x(nk's) Modded Version instead of standard squidgeSNES? If so should I delete the "delete me" in the rom folder???

The read me isn't very illuminating.

You see its the over clocking I have the problem with. Could someone please talk me through how to do it?

Using Programmer's Notepad you got to create a file with the ending .gpe , copy and paste the following in it (don't worry you don't need to learn how to code!):

#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 260 1.0
cd /mnt/sd/<Name of folder where you've transferred 'squidgesnes.gpe'>/
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

2) Amend '260' to whatever clockspeed you require. (it depends on your gp2x and your wanted battery life)
3) Set line endings to Unix: Tools > Line Endings > Unix (LF)
4) Save as snes260.gpe (or whatever name you want, just make sure it has the .gpe ending) and transfer to your sd card

Quoted with additions. Don't forget you have to have the cpu_speed file on the root folder of your SD card withOUT a file ending (if you have, change it in the script).

I know nothing, what do I save this as?

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 250 0.8
cd /mnt/sd/squidgesnes 0.37/
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Haze posted on Jul 18 2006 at 11:50 AM said:
I know nothing, what do I save this as?

#!/bin/sh
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
I believe the last post said to save it as .gpe

Last edited by a moderator:
no I mean do I save it as plain text? Java? I know nothing about coding.

Haze posted on Jul 18 2006 at 01:58 PM said:
no I mean do I save it as plain text? Java? I know nothing about coding.

If you're using windows get "programmer's notepad". it works kinda like regular notepad, but will save it as a unix format. take the code given to you, open it in programmer's notepad, edit it to point to your emulator and the cpu speed you want it as, and save it as a .gpe file.

All done, but I'm getting no sound or a black screen after loading the rom.

Haze posted on Jul 18 2006 at 02:21 PM said:
All done, but I'm getting no sound or a black screen after loading the rom.
try changing: /mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 250 0.8
to: /mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 240 0.8

see if that helps.

Edit: some gp2x's can't overclock as high as others

OK I put used this exact script

#!/bin/sh
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Saved it as snes.gpe and put it on the root of my card. This caused not only snes roms to stop loading but DrMd ones aswell. I deleted it from my card and every loads fine again. What did I do wrong? (I have my Neo Geo emulator over clocked to 265 with no problems)

mth411 posted on Jul 18 2006 at 12:28 PM said:

Haze, have you followed the instructions in the link above? It walks it through in detail. Reason I ask is that you've posted a few questions about how to setup the script AFTER this link was posted (and this link gives all those details).

You've got to at least get it setup using those instructions first before we can start troubleshooting for you.

I have but I have no idea what "Set line endings to Unix: Tools > Line Endings > Unix (LF)" means.

unixformatqg4.png

OK done, but when I click on "snes" instead of starting squidgesnes it goes back to the main menu.

Back