Should I Return My Gp2x Because Of Speaker

Dorian Grey posted on Feb 3 2006 at 10:23 PM said:
I have had my GP2X for 2 weeks and it was working ok.

Then suddenly the speaker and headphones work at the same time. This is like not
acceptable because it makes the unit quite loud when in bed or on a bus or wherever.

However I found that this is a hardware fault because of bad solder used in the production process, and it is basically waiting to happen to all gp2x units.

So should I send it back and ask for a replacement ? Because any unit that is given to me will have this problem until the manufacturing process increase their standards. Or should I wait ? The longer I wait the less likely is my legal position.

I dont mind the unit I have being fixed, I just dont want the unit to go off somewhere and come back 2 months later, this is not acceptable. I would hope to keep my unit until such time as the problem is fixed by GPH and I can have another unit, or it fixed immediately.

I dont think anybody should buy the GP2X if this problem is still unresolved in the production line.

DG.

Perhaps the phonejack connector is actually becoming loose from the mainboard. The 'cut sound from speaker' signal is needed to cut the speakers when headphones are inserted.
The sound not cutting from speakers when inserting headphones happened to me just before they fell of into the device!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back