Should I Get It?

playman1

Still Fresh
Hey guys,my birthday is coming up and I want to get a Wiz. Im going to use it primarly for MAME emulation,and i heard that it really isn't that reliable. Should I get it?

I've had my Wiz since July and I've had 0 problems with it. I purchased it at ThinkGeek.com in the US.

Some users report problems with screen deterioration early in the life of the Wiz, but I haven't experienced that. Frankly, its not very expensive and I think you will get your money's worth out of it.

The drawbacks of MAME are that the version ported to the devices is quite old and the gameslist is kinda short (2270 romsets). The games that I've tried work pretty great, however so its all about what you are looking for.

I have pretty good luck with MAME emulation, but the Wiz is pretty picky. I found a nice ROM package online and most of the games work. I think however that you will find that there are many other things you can do with the Wiz and that you'll find yourself doing other things besides just MAME. I love mine. I play it so often I have to recharge almost daily. One of the coolest things I've gotten in a long time.

darklight1138 said:
I have pretty good luck with MAME emulation, but the Wiz is pretty picky. I found a nice ROM package online and most of the games work. I think however that you will find that there are many other things you can do with the Wiz and that you'll find yourself doing other things besides just MAME. I love mine. I play it so often I have to recharge almost daily. One of the coolest things I've gotten in a long time.

Do you give us a hint of the name or version of the ROM package?

Last edited by a moderator:
Analog-X64 said:
darklight1138 said:

Do you give us a hint of the name or version of the ROM package?

just include the words "wiz" "romset" and "mame" in your google search ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back