Should I Buy Caanoo, Or Wait For Pandora?

DRED

Still Fresh
I have actually purchased the wiz over a year and half ago and returned it due to a problem with one of the buttons. I decided not to get another one because I thought I might as well get a pandora. I read my post on why I returned the Wiz and it was mainly the spongy "b" button and also not too happy about the slow SNES emulation, and controls that were lacking. I guess I was not too happy with the controls of the wiz. However, I would have not returned it if the "b" button was not broken.

Well, the pandora was really delayed and I am back in the market now for a pandora or a Caanoo.

I mostly want to play Sega master system, Nes, and super nintendo games. I was wondering how the current emulators for the Caanoo are?

What should I do? Should I get a caanoo or just get on the list for a pandora. They say the pandora is only 2 more months, but is this true? Will I probably awit another 6+ more months for a pandora, so I should just get a caanoo for the time being?

What about the emulators for the caanoo, will the SNES emulator run most of the games slow like it did on the WIZ? Will sega and Nes emulation be pretty bad?

Please help me with my decision here. I am commuting to work everyday now, so wouldn't mind having the unit sooner than later. Price is really no object as a days pay will almost pay for the caanoo.

The only really benefit I see for the pandora is the bigger screen and maybe better controls at this point. i don't really see any need for the keyboard etc. But the pandora emulators may be much better and run the SNES,sega and NES emulators perfectly.

I am also hoping that the cannoo controls are better than the Wiz, I have read some reviews and this seems to be the case.

I am patiently waiting for my Pandy.

To keep me busy I have my olde GP32, and GP2X collection. My favourite is still my GP32 (the old ones are still good ones - you just need to know their limits).

I did not hit on the WIZ (small screen, and prefer a stick), but dearly wanted it, to have an OLED, in my set. I am surprised you let an experience with a silly button stop you from getting a working replacement. I am sure the SNES emulation should be reasonable by now.

I have got a few used GP32s, and opened them up and they have needed more than just a single button fixed (appreciate the fact that a new one should fully function). Then I hear of Pandy owners, and including one nubbers, who do not let imperfections get in the way of their experience. Nothing in life is 100%, life is what you make of it.

I did not even consider the Caanoo initially (sorry Caanoo guys), as I thought I should have my Pandy soon (stop laughing Caanoo guys). I was not sure where it would fit in, with my set (all the consoles like to have the usual emu's, or open source software, typically).

I currently find myself reading up alot on the Caanoo. It is now just a question of time before I get one (no rush but I know I will). It is good to see a GPH device that is maturing so well. I was considering a Gemei A330 also at one point, but the Caanoo, is calling. The specs are ample and the machine pretty capable.

It does not matter too much in whether you get a Pandy, or Caanoo, as they should both deliver NES and SNES emulation (once fully matured - just be patient). However as this is the Caanoo, forum you have posted in. The answer should be Caanoo (right Caanoo guys).

DRED, good luck with your choice (just don't upset the natives).

I like my Caanoo. If you have a Wiz, then there's not too much of a reason to switch over. However, if you're looking for a replacement (because your Wiz is broken), then you should probably get a Caanoo - the controls are good to me, and the software is being updated and fixed steadily and readily. I probably would've gotten a Pandora if it wasn't as much as a PS3 at this point... Wait, I just found out that it's more. PS3 is $168 online. Pandora's well over $300. What in the world?

If you weren't satisfied with the wiz it's doubtful you'll be satisfied with the caanoo. It won't have any better emu's than the wiz had. If you're willing to wait and can afford it you should get a pandora and pray theirs no more hiccups with production.

Well, you have seen the delivery record of the pandora. It has always been two months away. Personally, i honestly don't think you will get your pandora in two months, but the decision is up to you. The Caanoo you will get right away.

And, I know nothing about emulators, but I am guessing the potential quality is much higher on the pandora though, since it has superior cpu (but what do i know :) ).

Caanoo is probably the best GPh handheld yet, in terms of hardware quality.
The only slight issue is the bezel, it's very subtle but it is there.

Pandora isnt an option (yet), at least until they can get production up to a point where demand can be satisfied without waiting many, many months. Also, I'm quite fussy about case plastics quality, the images I've seen of warping, sinkage affected and misaligned case parts look like something a 3 year old put together; not something you can display proudly and say this cost $300. Wait (just a little while) longer though...?

Back