Should/could Gph Buy Atari?

Logomachist

Still Fresh
Website
www.myspace.com
I just read up some on Atari, with its shares going for $1.68 these days. The whole company is worth $22.37 million. Anyone know what GPH is worth? I'm thinking that if GPH's could afford to buy Atari, it would be worth it. The Atari name woud probably get their consoles sold in stores (which would easily double the number of consoles sold), and opening the code to classic Atari games would garner it lots of good publicity. And goodwill is everything when your business depends on homebrew support.

It would double, maybe triple the number of hgandhelds sold, don't you think?

$1.68 per share huh?

Well GPH could probably afford to buy a share or two ;)

LOL files here we come :p

Logomachist said:
Anyone know what GPH is worth?
£10 ?

We know that GPH have to use pre-orders to manufacturer a console, so I don't think they'll be able to pay out $22 million unless they have a really big bank loan :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Logomachist said:
Anyone know what GPH is worth?
£10 ?

We know that GPH have to use pre-orders to manufacturer a console, so I don't think they'll be able to pay out $22 million unless they have a really big bank loan :D

Hey, we're an obscure Korean company who sell a failing handheld we can't even distribute any more and we might even be bankrupt. Can we have a $22 million loan?

I thought infogrames went bancrupt a while ago? I guess I was mistaken then... I think craigix should buy Atari :D That would be awesome... The Atari Pandora, with integrated Atari ST SoC ^^... yeah... right.

Please pass the bong...

Exophase said:
I think the Atari name actually hurt the people who bought it, not helped.
Funny, that. It's not that I don't like some Infogrames titles (mostly old stuff, Amiga or PSOne era), but something about their corporate behaviour in later years made me feel that them buying Atari really hurt the name Atari. If on the other hand Infogrames had bought the name Commodore, I might be inclined to feel sorry for them...

Back