Shipping to Canada

ferrule

Still Fresh
How are these units shipping? Has there been any consideration of avoiding or reducing duty, taxes, and brokerage fees for Canadian customers?

I don't usually order from the UK, but from the US, USPS ground seems to be the cheapest once it arrives as there's no brokerage fees, and sometimes no duty or taxes. UPS and Fedex have international shipping options that incorporate all the fees into the shipping rate.

Thanks, Ian

theres an USA seller whos shipped a few out to canadia, he'll know what to do. you want your order in at ithic.com

How are these units shipping? Has there been any consideration of avoiding or reducing duty, taxes, and brokerage fees for Canadian customers?

I don't usually order from the UK, but from the US, USPS ground seems to be the cheapest once it arrives as there's no brokerage fees, and sometimes no duty or taxes. UPS and Fedex have international shipping options that incorporate all the fees into the shipping rate.

Thanks, Ian
Ian,

USPS will not ship anything with a Lithium battery of any sort outside the US, new policy adopted in May 2012. I can't speak for FedEx, but the UPS international shipping options that incorporate all the fees into the shipping rate is a crock. I've shipped to Canada with UPS Worldwide services to avoid customs charges on the receiver, after being told the exact same thing you stated by my UPS rep. Turns out the receiver got stuck with paying almost $150 in charges.

This is the worst case scenario I've seen:

- $69.87 GST (Federal Goods and Services Tax)

- $68.45 Brokerage Fee

- $8.90 GST on the brokerage fee

Here's a thread that discusses this a bit more at length:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/7623-us-canada-open-pandora-gmbh-preorders-ithiccom-shipping/page__hl__ithic.com

Once the preorders get cleared out, I hope to have the 1GHz units available in the US at Ithic.com, but seems like Global Components has a learning curve to deal with, which they will get through in due time. No need to rush them on their good work. As the 1GHz units are funding more old preorders, I want them to be out ASAP so that is water under the bridge.

If you need a 600MHz unit, I'm preparing an order to Canada as I write this. It's about $530 with the shipping, depending on location. I can PayPal you an invoice because Ithic.com isn't setup for international orders at this point in time. Ithic.com is using Prestashop and their UPS module has some flaws as well as the shipping configuration overall, so I'm happy to have the US working.

Any questions feel free to drop me a PM or Email via Ithic.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Link!

I'm asking because I have a preorder upgraded to 1Ghz machine coming from Craig (hopefully in the mail friday!?!?).

I don't mind paying my taxes, I just want to avoid that nasty brokerage charge that shows up two weeks after getting the package.

It seems that royal mail hands off to canada post similar to USPS which would probably be the best way to go for cost, but probably slower...

I'm hoping Craig or another of Craig's customers can chime in...

Ian

I'm actually curious about this too, with my 1Ghz hopefully shipped this week from the UK to me in the US-- anyone know if/how much customs/duties/etc come into play?

Back