Sales shipping to canada query

Vilmos said:
Please let us know the results of both shipping methods when you get them. I'm not even thinking about ordering until I know what method is being used to ship.

Again, we may not know the "results" of the shipping methods until at least a month after we receive them. My GP2X customs shipping fees came weeks after I received my GP2X F200 from gp2xstore.

I head back from openpandorasales and was told that my name would be added to the distributor list for consideration.

I hope that I can distribute the pandoras for Canadian customers as I feel I can do a good job with it and hopefully save some $$ for each of us. That being said, it is still unclear whether or not the shipping method will cause us ( Canadians... Eh ) to pay more.

If I can help, I will...

David Eisner
www.pinwest.net

That's good news David, I hope something can be worked out, and in time. I'd even be willing to wait a little longer if it means not getting hosed.

Good luck!

As a side note, I replied to the order confirmation email yesterday to change the Delivery Address to my workplace, and they replied in a few hours. So that's all worked out now.

TrevorBradley said:
Vilmos said:
Please let us know the results of both shipping methods when you get them. I'm not even thinking about ordering until I know what method is being used to ship.

Again, we may not know the "results" of the shipping methods until at least a month after we receive them. My GP2X customs shipping fees came weeks after I received my GP2X F200 from gp2xstore.

Yes I realize that, but I didn't order because of the shipping uncertainty so I have the luxury of being able to wait. :wink:

Then why not e-mail Craig ? Send him e-mails and PM via the forum.
He is aware of my interest in helping and I was told that I would be contacted when they are at that point.

I also wish he would clarify this issue but since I have already ordered my Pandora, there is little I can do about it but wait and see and hope!

D)

I replied to the refund email with questions regarding this, and they said other customers have not had problems in the past with extra fees and such. There aren't any other Canadian distributors, so I don't think they're concerned about this issue, otherwise I'm sure they would have set something up by now.

Combine that with MWeston's post about only having to pay 5% GST (federal tax) on stuff from Craig's shop, and I suppose that's about as good an answer as we can get.

All that said, I emailed Gamersection.ca (where I bought my GP2X two years ago), and they are planning to carry the Pandora next year. They said mid-February, but we all know dates can change around here...I'm sure they'll get it in as quick as they can once it's shipping to resellers (2nd batch? 3rd batch? Who knows when?)

So...do I get my refund and wait to order later on from within my borders, or re-up with GBAX? At this point, I've no idea what to do. The software will only improve over time, SD cards will get cheaper...on the other hand, I want it now! :)

Bumping old thread.

Purchased a image stabilizer from UK (CAD180$) and I got hit with $42CAD at customs.
It wasn't even shipped with UPS, so I assume that we are highly likely to have to pay the brokerage fee when the panda ships out. :(

Back