Serious Problem With My Gp2x

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
So, I'm starting to get annoyed. 80% of the things I try to run on my gp2x just don't work. It's really disheartening.

When I try to run certain programs I usually get the same effect; A black screen which the system hangs at before dumping me back into the X's main menu screen. I've had the same thing happen to me with the Payback demo, Duke3D and Quake (and yes I'm sure everything was set up Ok).

I'm running FW2.0 on a MK1 system. Anyone got any suggestions to the problem?

EDIT: Thanks Sensi :).

finty posted on Jul 31 2006 at 12:22 PM said:
So, I'm starting to get annoyed. 80% of the things I try to run on my gp2x just don't work. It's really disheartening.

When I try to run certain programs I usually get the same effect; A black screen which the system hangs at before dumping me back into the X's main menu screen. I've had the same thing happen to me with the Payback demo, Duke3D and Quake (and yes I'm sure everything was set up Ok).

I'm running FW2.0 on a MK1 system. Anyone got any suggestions to the problem?

EDIT: Damn, wrong forum. Sorry.
It's definitely an odd sounding problem. I suppose if you made as complete a list as is reasonable of the things that work and do not work it might help narrow it down... or might not, but it's worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get onto it now :).

It's mostly single file homebrew that works, the likes of Vektar and Super Methane Bros. DrMDx also works, as do most emulators I've tried.

Make sure that, if you extract from a zip, you also extract the directly tree ("use folder names") and always read the readmes!

I've got the Mk2 with 2.0 & am experiencing the same problems..
I think it's a bug in the firmware :(

***EDIT***
You noticed the same problems when using TV-OUT?
I noticed that all of the programs & emulators work ok most of the time, so I can't see it being the media's fault (bad roms etc.).
At least it's not likely to be a hardware problem if yours is a Mk1 :)

***EDIT***
Wrong link, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back