Payback Problem

Nurg

Still Fresh
Not sure who to talk to for tech support with Payback, so I'm starting here.

I just bought a GP2x from gp2x.co.uk (Very pleased with it, although lack of charger or power supply was a bit odd, I would have bought them as extras if I had known..)

I bought Payback at the same time, but it won't run. I get the loading screen and "Accessing data" and then get dumped back to the gp2x main menu.

I have not changed anything on the Payback SD card, and the data seems to be intact. I copied it out to my PC and then back onto my main 4gb SD card without any errors. It fails to work from there in exactly the same way.

It appears to have been supplied already patched to v1.1. I tried patching again with no effect.

The demo on the NAND works fine.

Any thoughts?

eNRGy posted on Mar 6 2007 at 04:16 PM said:
Any thoughts?

Hmm, seems strange. its a longshot, but have you tried downgrading the Firmware on the unit from 3.0 to 2.1.1?

most people do this when first recieving the GP2x with v3.0, as 2.1.1 runs faster, and 3.0 offers no real advantages other than a prettier interface.

failing this, it sounds to me like you'll need to return the game, unless anyone else has any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
eNRGy posted on Mar 6 2007 at 04:16 PM said:
I copied it out to my PC and then back onto my main 4gb SD card without any errors. It fails to work from there in exactly the same way.

does the original payback SD work ? as far as i know it has copy protection on the SD so it probably wont work if copied to another

Have you tried putting the SD card in after booting up and then running it from the games menu?

Hmm you might have broken the protection, the easiest thing would be to send the SD back and we will send you a new one.

I don't think I was clear enough in the original post. I started with the original memory card which didn't work. Everything else which might have activated the copy protection came after that, such as trying it on another card.

To start with, I opened the packaging, put the card in the GP2x, loaded it from the game menu, and it didn't work.

I will send it back this weekend.

spoyser posted on Mar 6 2007 at 06:41 PM said:
Have you tried putting the SD card in after booting up and then running it from the games menu?

have you tried this? Boot without the card in the drive. The pop it in a try to run it. Maybe?? Bueller...?

linoleum13 posted on Mar 16 2007 at 02:46 PM said:
spoyser posted on Mar 6 2007 at 06:41 PM said:

have you tried this? Boot without the card in the drive. The pop it in a try to run it. Maybe?? Bueller...?

Hi,

Yep, that's pretty much what I was doing originally anyway. There doesn't seem to be an autorun file on the disk so it behaves exactly the same whether the disk is in at startup, or if I insert it after. I tried both.

I also tried downgrading to 2.1.1 with no effect.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back