Sent From My Pandora

Beholder

Still Fresh
I've always kind of hated it when email I would receive from others would end with something like "Sent from my Blackberry", or "iPhone", or "Dixie cup".

But when I send emails, PMs, messages, telegraphs from my Pandora, I will most proudly put "Sent from my Pandora (cuz I rock and you don't, unless you own a Pandora too. Click here for more info)".
Anybody else plan on doing this? I think it will raise awareness on this rare, but important species of hand-held.

Add a signature to the default email client.
I will now, come to think of it. Thanks.

Beholder said:
I've always kind of hated it when email I would receive from others would end with something like "Sent from my Blackberry", or "iPhone", or "Dixie cup".

But when I send emails, PMs, messages, telegraphs from my Pandora, I will most proudly put "Sent from my Pandora (cuz I rock and you don't, unless you own a Pandora too. Click here for more info)".

Aha hypocrisy at its best!

Last edited by a moderator:
ef58d732e7f2fdbb6d8afa34af56bc7e.jpg

Sent from my P&|a

Pleng said:
Aha hypocrisy at its best!

Absolutely! It's the stuff dreams are made of! (unless you are half-awake, and half-asleep and experience "The Old Hag", which sucks)

@r00tw00t: I've never seen that video before but I love it. :D After watching it five times, I imagined myself at the local rec. center on movie day, and locking all of the senior citizens in the room with that video on repeat. Kind of a PCU ripoff, but still fun.

@mali: Andy Warhol lives!

No, I will not. I think the last thing this device needs is PR from overenthusiastic nerds. It just needs to be seen by the media when it is ready (hardware + software), and that is OP teams job.

Gruso said:
I'm going to do it in another forum I hang out on. But only because we laugh at people who do it. (And they laugh whenever I mention Pandora)

You read 2 forums? Do you ever sleep/eat/... ? :p

Polossatik said:
You read 2 forums? Do you ever sleep/eat/... ? :p

What else did you think the 'bot' part of Grubot was referring to? You know his avatar is a photo, right?

Just use any mail application that supports signatures.
I believe they pretty much all have support for that.
Wasn't Claws Mail already ported for the Pandora ? (I am sure there are mail client in the software repository for angstron anyway...)

Beholder said:

Anybody else plan on doing this? I think it will raise awareness on this rare, but important species of hand-held.

You can always have the link pointing to something like this...Pandora Info

Gruso said:
I'm going to do it in another forum I hang out on. But only because we laugh at people who do it. (And they laugh whenever I mention Pandora)

I wonder what SkeeziX has to say about this topic :)

Honestly, between my android phone and my email client on my laptop, I don't see myself using my pandora to email much.

If I'm at home, I want a full keyboard and on the go, I don't want to go through the hassle of connecting to the net to reply to emails.

I still use my old Nokia N800 to send emails. I'm not always in my office or anywhere else with a computer. Can't carry laptops around in corridors either. And these days I also send some from my N900. I see emails from my co-workers with 'sent from my HTC' or 'iPhone' or some such, but my N800 and N900 are above that. They consider themselves full-blown computers and don't feel the need to pointing out that they can actually send email..

I'll probably send emails from my Pandora too. It won't need to brag about being able to either. ;)

Yea, I'm also going to get a tattoo that says "DRINK COKE".

Seriously. What's with the advertising withdrawal that afflict some people here? People are upset that the logo is too subtle on the case. People are upset that it won't have one of those sticky silver "Runs [Operating System]" badges right next to a "TI Inside" badge. People are upset that the CARDBOARD BOX isn't all printed up with logos. Now you're upset about missing out on having these obnoxious signatures added to your email?

These are all things added by marketing departments purely for advertising reasons. It's amazing and a little sad that they've become so ingrained in our culture that people think they're cool and even miss them when they're gone.

Back