Semi Broke Gp2x

I

i_am_a_noob

I'm pretty sure my power regulator has been fried. I live in the USA and to get it fixed in the USA would be nice. It's a MK1 and i'm willing to spend $30 for repairs.

To make sure it's the power regulator i'm going to describe my problem;
1. I've been using an unofficial 3v power source.
2.I can't use batterys for more then 5 minutes(2500mah NiMH recharchables)
3.It can't even boot up with alkalines.

I emailed him, no reply and it's been 24 hrs. How long should i expect?

i_am_a_noob posted on Aug 18 2006 at 11:05 PM said:
I emailed him, no reply and it's been 24 hrs. How long should i expect?
He's been busy recently. Give it a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the shipping information, i want an estimate and i don't know German.

i_am_a_noob posted on Aug 18 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
Does anyone know the shipping information, i want an estimate and i don't know German.
gepixelt GbR
c/o Michael Mrozek
Donaustrasse 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

Just add a note inside describing your problem, and a return address. You might want to give ED a heads up first, in case he's busy.

Well i meant an estimate for shipping, which i think i can just mail it in a bubble wrap styrofoam filled large envelope? Cause shipping through like UPS and FedEx is insane $71!

Edit:$10 with USPS

From what you're describing its rather unlikely that the converter chip is fried.

If its fried, you can only use it with alkaline batteries and external power, rechargeables don't work at all. Why don't you just send the unit back for a replacement?

Oh, and was your gp2x always like that?

It wasn't always like that, and GP32Z.com is no longer, and warranty is voided because it was an unofficial charger <_<

I'm here :)
Yes, pretty busy recently because of the upcoming Games Convention.

I can fix it for you - after the convention, which is from 23rd to 27th of August.

i_am_a_noob posted on Aug 19 2006 at 12:42 AM said:
what will the cost be roughly?
ED usually does it for free :) .
He doesn't pay for return shipping though, so leave some cash with the letter inside.

Naah, it's only free for gp2x.co.uk and my customers ;)
But costs aren't that high... it's 10 EUR for repair and approx. 10 EUR for the sparepart (I need the LTSK).

However, shipping to US is damn expensive (30 EUR insured... :/ )

EvilDragon posted on Aug 19 2006 at 12:21 PM said:
Naah, it's only free for gp2x.co.uk and my customers ;)
But costs aren't that high... it's 10 EUR for repair and approx. 10 EUR for the sparepart (I need the LTSK).

However, shipping to US is damn expensive (30 EUR insured... :/ )
I was thinking of unbricking :ph34r:

If there is a way at all possible i could get some information on repairing it myself it would be nice(because at cost like that around $65 it isn't gonna be cheap(or maybe i can say i was using an official power adapter and get it covered by warranty?)) lol

So is there no way for a non-GP2X dealer to fix this problem>

Back