Selling My Pandora...

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hi guys, I need some cash for crimbo so if anyone is desperate for one I have mine for sale. I'm letting you guys know before I stick it on ebay. If anyone is willing to put £500 for it they can have it.

It's pretty much mint condition, no marks on the screen, just a little marking on the paint through light wear and tear. The hinge is still as stiff as it was when new. The nubs still work as new as they haven't been used for anything other than navigating the cursor, used then touchscreen for most of that too.

I have an official case which also looks new, the booklet and the receipt so it'll still have 6 months on the guarantee.

Ideal opportunity to own one in time for christmas!

I also have an order pending for the TV out cable so I'd send that out as soon as they come into stock or get the guys to send it direct to you if possible. Will include 16gb Integra SDHC card with installed emulators and STACKS of games.

Feel free to PM me.

$780 US Dollars......cough, choke, sputter....

But it's worth it . I LOVE mine.

Good luck on the sale.

Pics help immensely though. Just an fyi.

Duly noted!

Check out the pics here......http://www.flickr.com/photos/40617058@N08/?saved=1

Regardign your feedback on the asking price, from what I've seen of previous Pandora sales this is quite fair! It's in great condition as I've looked after it like one of my children! Like I said, great opportunity to own one for crimbo and enjoy a massive nostalgia trip.

If the nubs did happen to go then you could just get a brand new one under the guarantee and jump straight up the queue.

Yeah, I saw one go for £500 on eBay just last night, it's not that unusual. Some people will happily pay extra to get the machine now rather than two years from now.

£500 is definately the top end of what ebayers have been getting.

Whoever buys has got to decide if all the tweaks and significantly better nubs are worth waiting for - having nubs replaced under warranty is a hassle and takes time even though it is free.

On the contrary, my first one broke and I had a replacement in 2 weeks. Please do not scare off people from bidding, if you don't want to buy it then please just move on.....I'm not being arsey but you wouldn't stand by a car showroom telling customers that they were being ripped off. As for being top end, why would I ask for anything less?!

...anyone who is going to pay that type of money already knows all the issues.

The fact is that the Pandora is worth £500 to get now rather than this time next year - whilst OPT keep saying 2 more months the value will only keep going up.

NickLoTurco said:
On the contrary, my first one broke and I had a replacement in 2 weeks. Please do not scare off people from bidding, if you don't want to buy it then please just move on.....I'm not being arsey but you wouldn't stand by a car showroom telling customers that they were being ripped off. As for being top end, why would I ask for anything less?!

To be totally fair, I've known people who have waited on returns for months, so the potential is there. People have a right to know these things. The trend I've gathered is that returns made later have tended to wait longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
NickLoTurco said:

I've seen people have to wait for several months - especially right now during the nub delays.

Why ask for anything less? Well, some people haven't. Several possibilities:
1) They don't feel the need to make as much profit as possible (or any)
2) To help ensure that they sell it. Some might be willing to pay $1750 (one of the first sold on ebay), but I've since seen one listed as a buy-it-now for ~$1000 that didn't sell. The cheaper you make it, the more interest you get, and the more likely you'll find a buyer.
3) Because they still support the project, and really just want the device to go to a good home (e.g. someone who will use it with love).

I might not go to a random car showroom and tell everyone how to bargain. But if I went with my friend, I'd help him out. And if I saw something that was egregiously overprice/irresponsible/unprofessional, I might report it to the Better Business Bureau, or equivalent. I'm not saying that you're doing any of these things, but it doesn't seem that awful to voice it. Most people watching were probably thinking it, anyway.

benji_stein said:
3) Because they still support the project, and really just want the device to go to a good home (e.g. someone who will use it with love).

To his credit, selling it for a huge sum of money is a pretty good way to know the person really wanted it. It's not like giving up your daughter for adoption, you won't really get nefarious activity from someone who wants to pay a bit too much ;p

Exophase said:
benji_stein said:

To his credit, selling it for a huge sum of money is a pretty good way to know the person really wanted it. It's not like giving up your daughter for adoption, you won't really get nefarious activity from someone who wants to pay a bit too much ;p

A valid point. But that's a reason to sell it for more than MSRP ('retail' just doesn't seem right...), not for the max possible, which is what he'd responded about.

There is one on ebay right now with a buy it now of £450 but so far no bids at all (its been there a while - well over 24 hours).

A fair price would be £350 - I have been watching these since day 1 and some have gone very expensive and some quite cheap (especially on this forum where someone only wanted what they paid for it).

That price would generate more interest (current exchange rate puts a batch 2 Pandora at about £265 plus a wait of x months) - put it on ebay and you also have the issue of bidders that end up not paying.

.................you also have to remember that putting a Pandora up for sale at £500 on these forums will generate some debate from us early adopters who are still waiting!!!!!!

I'm not under any pressure to sell so if the right bid doesn't come along it'll be mine over crimbo! Listen guys, I didn't intend to piss people off but I knew it would, I just thought I'd dip my toe in...and it's cold!

NickLoTurco said:
I'm not under any pressure to sell so if the right bid doesn't come along it'll be mine over crimbo! Listen guys, I didn't intend to piss people off but I knew it would, I just thought I'd dip my toe in...and it's cold!

I can't speak for others, but I'm not pissed off. Just a little boggled. Also, your original post:
NickLoTurco said:
Hi guys, I need some cash for crimbo so if anyone is desperate for one I have mine for sale. I'm letting you guys know before I stick it on ebay. If anyone is willing to put £500 for it they can have it.
would seem to contradict what you just said.

Flippin' eck! Can people just post if they want it!?! I said I need some extra money for crimbo, not to put food on the table! If I don't sell it then it's not a disaster put it that way. I'm getting a bit miffed now as this is a sale thread and people are going back and dragging out quotes by me saying I'm contradicting myself! FFS!

NickLoTurco said:
Flippin' eck! Can people just post if they want it!?! I said I need some extra money for crimbo, not to put food on the table! If I don't sell it then it's not a disaster put it that way. I'm getting a bit miffed now as this is a sale thread and people are going back and dragging out quotes by me saying I'm contradicting myself! FFS!
what's a crimbo?

NickLoTurco said:

Sheesh, man. Calm down. No need to get so excited. If people are interested, they'll contact you. Otherwise, well... you can figure it out.
I know you said it was just some extra money; that's not what I was referring to. You said if you didn't sell it here, you'd put it on Ebay, which sounds like your decision to sell it was pretty certain. Some people were just offering some advice. You're free to do what you want, after that. No hard feelings were intended.

Back