SEGA Dreamcast 2

So all the release titles are nothing but sequels? In fact they don't even have any subtitles, they've just slapped a 2 or 3 on the end of all those games.

I'd like them to release a VR helmet console. My 80's child dream.

That would be awesome.

If I remember correctly there were rumors going round that Atari were trying to create a virtual helmet for the Jaguar.

So all the release titles are nothing but sequels? In fact they don't even have any subtitles, they've just slapped a 2 or 3 on the end of all those games.

I did notice that, and some of them look like shoddy 'shop jobs as well, but I'm just wishing really hard that they are real :)

I would dearly love to see Sega back too, but they would have to release the most massively overpowered machine to even get their foot in the door. I seriously doubt that any company wading in to the market by releasing a console of similar spec to the current competition would entice any buyers, you'd have to burst out of the gate and hit the ground running.

I think they should bring back cartridge gaming! Also, I truly believe that if Sega were to make a come back then they should drop Sonic, he ceased being cool in 1994. Just drop him entirely, no rebooting of the franchise, no 2.5D attempts to claw back some of the glory of the originals, just put him in the garden, give him a saucer of cat food and slowly close the patio door forever.

I would dearly love to see Sega back too, but they would have to release the most massively overpowered machine to even get their foot in the door. I seriously doubt that any company wading in to the market by releasing a console of similar spec to the current competition would entice any buyers, you'd have to burst out of the gate and hit the ground running.

I think they should bring back cartridge gaming! Also, I truly believe that if Sega were to make a come back then they should drop Sonic, he ceased being cool in 1994. Just drop him entirely, no rebooting of the franchise, no 2.5D attempts to claw back some of the glory of the originals, just put him in the garden, give him a saucer of cat food and slowly close the patio door forever.
bring back alex kidd

9 years on (since the official discontinuation of SEGA Dreamcast, 4 years ago was the last SEGA of Japan published game) and I'm still not used to it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought some Dreamcast shmups/fighters from a garage sale, got a good deal too :) All the stuff's from Capcom for some reason...

9 years on (since the official discontinuation of SEGA Dreamcast, 4 years ago was the last SEGA of Japan published game) and I'm still not used to it. :(

I refer more to today's sub-par efforts than to Sega's leave. But yes, having them back in would be cool, in theory... In practice, if they never left, they might be the same as everybody else, or possibly worse.

If you want to find out if there are truth to the rumours, try and find someone that works for a potential developer of the rumoured console, befriend them and take them down the pub and beer them up, they might talk >_>

I'd love to see this happen too, quite liked the sound of the new sonic factory game myself though, the level design for online share sounds good, could do a 'faster' version of little big planet

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a LBP game with Sonic and friends in it.

If you want to find out if there are truth to the rumours, try and find someone that works for a potential developer of the rumoured console, befriend them and take them down the pub and beer them up, they might talk >_>
Buy them an alcoholic Apple cider, perhaps...

this is so fake, companies aren't going to start making games for the dreamcast 2,if it does come out, because of the fact it would be crapshoot if the dreamcast 2 would fail again.

I would think it wouldn't be very smart of them to make a device and put the dreamcast name anywhere near it, it would be paramount to corporate suicide.

They would be better off reviving the Sega VR project and sell it on the point that got it scrapped.... "play games until you puke!" what a slogan that would be! ;)

These days, it would more likely be "Shoot people until we make you buy DLC!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back