Seems It Is Coming Soon, But If You're Not In The Top 1000...when?

I would hold off on projections until the first units start to ship. By then, you should know more about how long the rest of the process takes, and the cases will have hopefully resumed production by that time.

My hope is that units will start shipping in 2-3 weeks.

No body knows anything yet.
The mass produced cases could end up being shit, too!

I'm in the same boat as the 3000-4000 people.
I ordered in November '09. I'm guessing that I would be around 3800 range :pandora2ut4: :(

Let's wait for 500-1000 to arrive first, and go from there. They might not arrive for weeks or months! Hopefully weeks though!

Chris

Right, we still don't know if any will be shipped before CNY. Everyone hopes they will, but noone is committing to that yet.

a

aliking said:
Right, we still don't know if any will be shipped before CNY. Everyone hopes they will, but noone is committing to that yet.
No Pandoras are going to be shipped before the Chinese New Year.

A giant crate of componants might be shipped from one factory to another, but that's it.

There are still a good number of steps in the process before the units are shipped to us.

Even if all those steps go as planned, I assume it'll still take weeks after the Chinese New Year before units start trickling out** ... and when has anything gone as planned?

-Andy

**(Is there information on this timetable? I searched, couldn't find it. Probably missed it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well all that is needed is the cases. The boards are sitting populated and ready.

We are pushing them to ship us 500 on friday.

craigix said:
Well all that is needed is the cases. The boards are sitting populated and ready.

ON Friday or FOR Friday?

Nova said:
craigix said:

ON Friday or FOR Friday?

Yeah... FOR or ON? If On, then you have let us all down.

^ Sarcasm? My detector is on the fritz.

If anyone is expecting these cases to be in the US by the weekend they're way crazy. Shipping ON Friday sounds pretty sweet to me.

Hah well I dunno bout Kloplop but I was definitely being sarcastical. As much as I'd like to see an actual final pandora case this week :(.

VRAndy said:
aliking said:
No Pandoras are going to be shipped before the Chinese New Year.

A giant crate of componants might be shipped from one factory to another, but that's it.

There are still a good number of steps in the process before the units are shipped to us.

Even if all those steps go as planned, I assume it'll still take weeks after the Chinese New Year before units start trickling out** ... and when has anything gone as planned?

-Andy

**(Is there information on this timetable? I searched, couldn't find it. Probably missed it.)

I should have clarified CASES shipped before CNY. And Craig just proved my point right there by not committing to it - they're pushing, but they can't be sure. We should all be mentally prepared to wait patiently through the whole of Chinese New Year for even the cases to get shipped.

Gruso said:
^ Sarcasm? My detector is on the fritz.

If anyone is expecting these cases to be in the US by the weekend they're way crazy. Shipping ON Friday sounds pretty sweet to me.

Yeah, but JUST 500? Aren't they supposed to be able to pump out a 1000 a day?

craigix said:

I thought they could make 1000 a day, so shouldn't they be shipping more out on Friday? I guess they don't work on the weekend either, so effectively Friday is the last working day before Chinese New Year?

I just want to know so I can prepare myself.

Thanks.

Back