Sdxc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the last CES, SD Card Org did say that the main reason for the new SDXC "technology" is that now cards can contain terabytes of storage, people want to fill them with high definition video and audio. For this reason, the cards need to be faster, so SDXC allows transfer speeds > 100MB/s, with 300MB/s in the future.

For other people, I don't see a problem using large SDHC cards if you don't mind being limited to 50MB/s.

pelrun said:
'Squidge' said:
A more useful post would we one that at least included a URL to where you noticed this, rather than forcing people to search the web for what you have read.

Search the web? No, search the *forum*.
No, I said what I meant. I think you are confused. When the OP stated "the first SDXC card has been released", I stated he should have posted where he noticed this information, rather than forcing people to find it themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xian Long said:
lingenfr said:
It probably is enough. The main reason I would like more is to be able to carry my entire mp3 collection. So I need about 80GB.

oh gosh. how many songs is that? are you a pirate?

or just 'audiohpile' with an insane bitrate. don't assume the worst :)

hch said:
Xian Long said:
lingenfr said:
It probably is enough. The main reason I would like more is to be able to carry my entire mp3 collection. So I need about 80GB.

or just 'audiohpile' with an insane bitrate. don't assume the worst :)

Insane in the bitrate...

Oh, what, topic? I'll get right on that.

Xian Long said:
lingenfr said:

Yes I have a peg leg and an parrot on my shoulder. Arrrrrrrr. If you mean do I steal other peoples intellectual property without compensating them, then the answer is no. I buy CDs from eBay and Amazon and rip them. I have been doing so for years and have about 12K songs ripped at ~192K. I don't download music unless it is to verify what I want before I buy it. I do download some movies because the proprietary UMD format that Sony uses prevents my 'fair use' of the content I paid for. I only download the ones I own. I am sure the comment was in jest, but I for one am getting a bit tired of the assumptions that every open source user, gamer, etc is a thief. Those of you who are, live with yourselves or stop it, but don't assume that you are part of a crowd because you are not.

'lingenfr' said:
'Xian Long' said:
'lingenfr' said:

Yes I have a peg leg and an parrot on my shoulder. Arrrrrrrr. If you mean do I steal other peoples intellectual property without compensating them, then the answer is no. I buy CDs from eBay and Amazon and rip them. I have been doing so for years and have about 12K songs ripped at ~192K. I don't download music unless it is to verify what I want before I buy it. I do download some movies because the proprietary UMD format that Sony uses prevents my 'fair use' of the content I paid for. I only download the ones I own. I am sure the comment was in jest, but I for one am getting a bit tired of the assumptions that every open source user, gamer, etc is a thief. Those of you who are, live with yourselves or stop it, but don't assume that you are part of a crowd because you are not.

i kind of hate the term intellectual property. its so misleading. you're not taking SHEET music when you're pirating songs. but whatever. also, 12k songs at like 80 gb? i have about 10k almost entirely in flac and its only 90

also, uh, yes, the vast majority of seriously invested internet users pirate, not to mention a shitload of teenagers and the like

technically i pirated earthbound zero, earthbound and mother 3. but seeing as earthbound zero was never released, earthbound is longer available, and mother 3 is three years old as of today and in japan only, i don't think it counts, and if it does, i do it just to spite the big N.

PoisonedV said:
so, uh, yes, the vast majority of seriously invested internet users pirate, not to mention a shitload of teenagers and the like
Again, speak for yourself

My pirated stuff is usually MP3 [converted to Vorb because I'm that kind of person], but my CD rips are FLAC.
So, megabyte for megabyte, most of my music is un-pirated.
>_>

to sum it all up, sdxc is incompatible with all known devices, no firmware update can fix it. also, apparently some people will need more than the 64gb available for the pandora because they have a shitload of stuff or like to pirate mp3s, games, and the like.

'lingenfr' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
so, uh, yes, the vast majority of seriously invested internet users pirate, not to mention a shitload of teenagers and the like
Again, speak for yourself
Uh, no. He's speaking for the 'majority of seriously invested internet users', which excludes anybody outside that minorty such as your good self.

Relax. Stop being so <snip>

If the psp emulator works than we will need alot of space for the games. Also if you think about all the other emulators and dvd quality movies 32gb ain't so big.

I think all that can be said has now been said, so lets close this topic until the specifications are out in the open and we can say for sure whether or not it will work with just a firmware update. We don't need to know what you pirate or why you need the larger cards, just that it would be nice to have larger than 32GB per card slot is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back