GP32 Sdl And Gpsdk_eabi

kidchaos2k6

Still Fresh
Hi again!

Back to SDL subject:

After my pasts results, now im working with VC++6 and the DJWillis GPSDK_EABI libs compatibles with the latest version of DKArm. The main reason is that i have an environment in which im used to and at least i can debug the GP32 code with this version of the VC...

The thing is that recompiling the SDL libs on the SDK is not working bad, the test for loading files/images works but im having a problem on the displaying result (i cant upload the displaying result, check on my other post http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=41072 ). I dont know if the problem is when im using the GPBitblt functions (on SDL they are hardware so i cant test them on the VC emulator )...

Watching the image, someone can tell me what is happening? (the image is 320x240 already rotated, and testing a bmp or a gif, shows the same result)...

Greetings,

@B^)>

kidchaos2k6 said:
Watching the image, someone can tell me what is happening? (the image is 320x240 already rotated, and testing a bmp or a gif, shows the same result)...

try blitting an in-memory image instead of loading it, so you could dismiss it's a problem with the sdl reading functions. You could use the utility img2array (or something similar) to generate an in-memory array from a bmp or other image format.

Aiken

Last edited by a moderator:
Aiken said:
kidchaos2k6 said:

try blitting an in-memory image instead of loading it, so you could dismiss it's a problem with the sdl reading functions. You could use the utility img2array (or something similar) to generate an in-memory array from a bmp or other image format.

Aiken

Hi Aiken,

A pity about what happened in gp32spain, isnt it? hope it recovers soon...

Thanks for your answer, i got it to work two months ago... In the end i managed to reproduce the whole SDL behaviour under visual studio... but it didnt worked on the geepee :( ... Anyway, for now the whole project is frozen, im programming another game in windows...

- I dont know exactly how to go on with the gp32... Regardless of the problems about the SDK's, the main problem for me was the matter of the debug, and how to know exactly what im doing (check my other threads around here)... About the debug cable, i dont have the time and the guts to build it, ... Is there a way to do some coherent debug on the geepee emulator?

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back