Perl / Sdl Error

dmr

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I've installed the Perl / SDL port from here and I'm getting the following error when I try to run a script that uses SDL, when it tries to create a new SDL::Font using an sfont png file.

Code:
Can't locate auto/SDL/NewFont.al in @INC (@INC contains: /mnt/sd/libs/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /mnt/sd/libs/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.7/arm-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/arm-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/arm-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /mnt/sd/libs/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.7/SDL/Font.pm line 24

Google comes up with this:
If you compile by hand, double-check you first compile SDL, then SDL_image
and SDL_mixer, then SDL perl, otherwise you might get the error that
NewFont.al is not found.
Source
:unsure:
The script runs on the pc, which doesn't have a NewFont.al although it does have libsdl-image, libsdl-mixer and libsdl-perl packages installed. Is this likely to be caused by missing libraries, or does it mean it won't work without recompiling the Perl SDL modules? I've installed the GP2X SDL libraries from here.

A couple of points about the installation in case it helps anyone...

With a fat32 formatted SD card I had problems with modules not being found because all the directories that are all uppercase became all lowercase when copying to fat32. Reformatting as ext2 solved that but you have to mount it manually using a script on the nand because it is defined as vfat instead of auto in /etc/fstab. :rolleyes:

I followed the instructions for sd only install, copying the libs directory from the archive to the root of the sd, but the suggested script for starting perl didn't work for me. I had to change these lines:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/sd/libs/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.7/arm-linux/CORE:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PERLLIB=/mnt/sd/libs/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.7:/mnt/sd/libs/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.7/arm-linux

I didn't realise you could write to the root file system B)
I've got the ext2 sd mounting automatically by adding the bolded lines below in /root/start.sh:

# Mount SD...
if test ! "`mount | grep "/disc0/"`"; then
echo "Mount SD disc, if not mounted..."
mount -t vfat -o iocharset=utf8,noatime,sync /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /mnt/sd
fi

# Mount ext2 SD...
if test ! "`mount | grep "/disc0/"`"; then
echo "Mount ext2 SD disc, if not mounted..."
mount -t ext2 /dev/mmcsd/disc0/part1 /mnt/sd
fi

Back