Sdhc On F100

hal9000

Website
Visit site
Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere else.

I am thinking about buying a 8 or 16go SDHC card for my GP2X-F100. I remember that a patch has been developped for SDHC support on F100, but there seems to be few comments about it on the forums. In particular, it seems that only some cards are working fine, but I can't find a compatibility list on the wiki or anywhere else.

Could you please share here your experience with SDHC cards on F100 ?

Thanks!

hal9000 said:
Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere else.

I am thinking about buying a 8 or 16go SDHC card for my GP2X-F100. I remember that a patch has been developped for SDHC support on F100, but there seems to be few comments about it on the forums. In particular, it seems that only some cards are working fine, but I can't find a compatibility list on the wiki or anywhere else.

Could you please share here your experience with SDHC cards on F100 ?

Thanks!
In my F100 I've upgraded firmware to 4.0.0 and now my 8GB Toshiba SDHC works fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Is any disadvantage of using this patch? or rather using 2.x.x patch than upgrade directly to 4.x.x?

I'm confused to use which one is better?

Thanks for your answers. Still, I would be really interested in more precise references of 8G or 16G SDHC cards which are known to work.

To Ahua_Keren, many people here prefer firmware 2.1.x to 3.x and 4.x. One of the main reason is that it boots faster. And in 4.x, telnet, ssh and samba servers have been removed.

Ahua_Keren said:
Is any disadvantage of using this patch? or rather using 2.x.x patch than upgrade directly to 4.x.x?

The difference is that 4.x.x has the patch built in, but has lots of other disadvantages in other areas.

So I'd say to use the patch instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the answer, guys.
I didn't use the telnet, samba server etc.. So it's save to patch with notaz's patch.
I want to upgrade to 32 GB SDHC card, I hope there will be no problem.

Back