SD Woes - Pandora Crash

Ian J

Advanced Member
I was using my Pandora to play music and it crashed mid way through an MP3, I had to reset the Pandora using the Pandora button and the power button. Since then the SD card that had the music on does not work with the Pandora.

I have removed all the files, & formatted using the Panasonic Formatter but it will not show up on the Pandora.

Has anyone had a similar issue and can offer a solution.

Ian

What sort of SD card is it? (Make & Size?)

Does the card work as expected on a PC? i.e. can you copy a file / play an MP3 from the card?

It's one of the 32GB Class 10 7day shop as recommend by yourself in another thread.

The card has worked find since receiving it and I have removed all the files from it using my PC.

It just will not show up on the Pandora any more.

Just done a full format in Panasonic formatter and now when I insert the card (into Pandora) the memory access light comes on and stays on but there is no icon and I have to remove the card leaving the light on and reset the Pandora to remove the light.

Now that sounds rather odd indeed.

Do other SD cards work OK with your Pandora?

Does the same thing happen using both slots of the Pandora?

I have 2 16gb class 6 Samsung cards (from reputable dealers) and both work fine. I still use those for games & apps, the 32GB card was purchased to use for media.

The 32GB card shows up and works fine on my PC.

The 32GB will not show up in either slot on the Pandora, now after another format the memory access light doesn't even come on when the card is inserted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a little experiment to try and narrow down what the issue is.

I plugged my hub into the Pandora and using an SD card reader, all 3 cards showed up fine.

I was using my Pandora to play music and it crashed mid way through an MP3, I had to reset the Pandora using the Pandora button and the power button. Since then the SD card that had the music on does not work with the Pandora.

I have removed all the files, & formatted using the Panasonic Formatter but it will not show up on the Pandora.

Has anyone had a similar issue and can offer a solution.

Ian

sometimes my 64 gig sd card doesn't show up either. so what i did was i went into filesystem, found the media directory and it was there, it just didn't show up anywhere else.

Just tried and nothing there, previously the access light for the memory slot flickered while the card was initially read, now I get nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after a few attempts at formatting the card on different laptops and USB card readers the card finally died completely, I was returning it for a replacement but have changed my mind and will go for a branded card.

Back