SD card not recognised?

desolaar

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,

As a brand new Pandora (1GHz edition) owner, I already spend most of my time setting things up (favorite device I have ever had). Everything works like a charm thanks to this forum/community here as I was able to find the solution for all my troubles or questions so far.

However one thing I simply can not figure out is the following:

I have properly set up Android to run on my Pandora. It created the "internal storage" upon first boot, and it is working just fine. Although, it does not seem to recognise any SD card (in the right SD slot that is).

Whenever I go to Settings -> Storage, it has only 2 enabled options. I can either mount an SD card, or erase one. Choosing "Mount an SD card" seem to do nothing at all, only the "SD card can be safely removed" message appears on the status bar on top.

I tried almost everything I could think of, used a brand new SD card with ext4fs, used the "Erase SD card" from the Settings -> Storage menu (which apparently did not erase anything as it does not even see the card), removed and reinserted it again, still nothing.

Any idea what could I have missed?

Many thanks in advance!

Can the right slot read any sdcards? Some sdcards are fractionally thicker than others. Sometimes fractionally wiggling or moving the card when in the slot does the trick. sometimes you have to push the card in more firmly and sometimes fractionally at an angle.

Can the right slot read any sdcards? Some sdcards are fractionally thicker than others. Sometimes fractionally wiggling or moving the card when in the slot does the trick. sometimes you have to push the card in more firmly and sometimes fractionally at an angle.
 Yes, the slot is working fine. The base OS (Zaxxon) has no issues with it (or the card).

I tried almost everything I could think of, used a brand new SD card with ext4fs, used the "Erase SD card" from the Settings -> Storage menu (which apparently did not erase anything as it does not even see the card), removed and reinserted it again, still nothing.
Does the android build we use support ext4? Maybe you could give ext2 or FAT32 a try ?

Does the android build we use support ext4? Maybe you could give ext2 or FAT32 a try ?
 Hmm.. it looks like it handles ext4 only on the primary card for the boot and the base image, but it can not cope with it on the secondary (right slot) SD. Now that I use FAT32 in the right slot, it mounts it without issues.

Problem solved, thanks! :)

Back