Sd Card Has Corrupted

Probably zenity file picker is a red herring --

Note that when you eject SD card while somethign is still holding onto it, and stick it back in, it'll get remounted to a new mountpoint. (ie: boot with an SD in SD1 on the left, and it'll be /media/mmcblk0p1 (for example.) If you eject and reinsert, it shoudl stay as /media/mmcblk0p1, but sometimes will become /media/mmcblk1p1, and then repeat it again, and you fget /media/mmcblk2p1, etc. Nuymber getting larger each time.)

Hotfix #2 will plug a hole in minimenu which was hanging onto the SD when it shouldn't; some other apps do too. (xfce does not have that problem.)

So if you're in minimenu pre hotfix #2, and insert/eject/insert/eject, the SD cards name in /media will be getting higher each time.

Now, when szenity's (gtk) file picker shows the options on the left, it does get itself thoroughly confused at this point, a bug in the file picker probably -- ie: it'll show mmcblk0p1 and mmcbl1p1, but your actual SD card is n+1, or mmcblk2p1 in this case. The card name will be shown, but not mountable (file picker bug), and it'll be showing 0->n-1 filname for the mmcblk device (file picker bug), but you can still navigate there through /media in the right side -- go to '/media' or '/' and work your way up.. works every time.

So the file picker is certainly buggy when things are acting a little goofy, but I'm not sure thats the source of any problem.

I'd say check again after hotfix #2 goes out, which fixes a few things..

jeff

I also had the corruption problem. I used the Panasonic format tool and everything seemed to work after that.

However I did have this problem: I installed the hotfix2, My sd mounted fine as far as programs showing up and being usable. The problem was within programs I couldn't access the sd card. ["could not mount"] Specifically when I tried to download to sd card from the internet but I also just tried to save a document from abiword to sd and got the same error. I used Midori and Fennec and both wouldn't access sd for download. once again this was after the hotfix2 was installed. It seems its still having a problem with mount points. It was a rather simple fix though, I just restarted the pandora which I assume reset the mount points and now everything seems to be working fine. Just as a test I removed and reinserted the sd card just now and I can verify that I'm now getting the same problem again. So there is still a bug with mounting points even post-hotfix2 it would seem.

Hm, okay, that does mean lazy mount didn't fix it... worked for me, but maybe you did other things than me.
Need to figure out how to fix that.

By any chance are your guys cards showing up on the desktop named as 'Nup_`_dos.l'?

not for me, when mine corrupted, it showed up named as random characters/symbols.

I can confirm that the mount point error includes external hard drives though. It also worked fine after a restart or through direct access as ED described.

btw, having a big hard drive hooked up to the panda was awesome B)

Everything was going fine for a while, but now run into problems again - alll the PND files in the /Pandora/Desktop folder have gone, and the ones in menu won't load. What??

SomeGuy99 said:
Everything was going fine for a while, but now run into problems again - alll the PND files in the /Pandora/Desktop folder have gone, and the ones in menu won't load. What??

If that happens, don't do anything on the SD Card but restart the unit. Still broken?

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
SomeGuy99 said:

If that happens, don't do anything on the SD Card but restart the unit. Still broken?

Nope, the files were gone. I reformated this one in Gparted. I've done a full erase format using the Panasonic utility and it seems happier than ever - writes to the card are much quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the source of my problems as well. It would seem that the SD card reader I was using to format and copy files over was junk. It died luckily, or I may not have tracked it down. So far I have had no further corruptions since I found this on the weekend.

Canguy

I fixed mine (for now) by using the Panasonic SD Card Formatter in my UMPC that has a direct card reader. I am thinking the crappy .99 cent Taiwanese reader I was using maybe the issue. But I didn't use the Panasonic Formatter before. I am now using a white Transcend Reader and it seems to be working a lot better.

Back