Sd Card Broken

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Sep 9 2006 at 04:49 PM said:
The tab for my SD card fell off and now it is stuck on write protection.I cant find the tab, anyone know how to fix this? I really need this card.
Not realising that I had a life time warrenty with my SD card, I shoved a very small amount of something called Polymoprh into the tab gap.
This allowed the card to become read/write again, although now it's stuck as read/write and I can't change that.
I'm guessing that a little Bluetak or something like that would do the same thing.

Otherwise check with the manufactory, they might be simply swap it out for you.
Assuming you can still read off the card, back it all up and just put it back on a new one if/when the manufactory sends a new card out.

Hope that gives you some help

Ben
---

Last edited by a moderator:
If am not mistaken, taping the hole left by the broken piece of plastic will make it write protected again, just like we used to do to record on those old Betamax video tapes (hundred of years ago :D )

Wasn't taping over the hole on Betamax (or VHS for that matter) to make them write enabled?

Same goes for the SD card, if you have thin enough tape (so that it still fits) you could tape over the hole left by the sliding tab.

Just try putting a piece of tape over the whole slot where the slider would have been, or if that doesn't work too well (the reader ends up cutting it, etc), you could try a little bit of glue.

Back