Scummvm

qzmo

Still Fresh
Hi guys,
I'm a newbie in the world of gp2x, but i'm an old gamer and want to play all the old cool scumm games. But I can't get the ScummVm to run on my gp2x. I don't know if I suck or there's something wrong with my gp2x. When I try to start the program the screen only turns black and the 2x locks up. I have tried different versions and I downloaded the Lamers 2gb Sd Monsterpack, which shall be a tested version but still it dosen't work. I have problems with other games to on that "tested" monsterpack.
Have I missed some files?? Or do I need to upgrade FW on the 2x???? I got 2.0 right now... Please guys, help me!!

/Anton the Swede..... :D

i think i know what the problem is, did you transfer the game via ftp? it could sound as though the files do not get executable permission.

i suggest telnetting in and chmod +x'ing them..

if you need help doing this i'd be happy to provide

Yes, I have problems with other programs.. And I have tried the version on the scummvm page also.. It's like there's some compability problem between some prgrams and my FW... Last day i tried to change skin on my 2x and then my 2x got all wacked up.. som of the icons are missing and half of the backgorund is bad. Is it difficult to upgrade FW???

YEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!! I got it to run!!!! I read the instructions on the gp2x page about firmware upgrading and renewed my 2.0 firmware. And now ScummVM works!!!! There must have been something wrong with my old firmware but now everything works!!!! OOOOhhh I love my GP2X!!!!!!!!! :D gp32_console :D

Back