Scummvm 1.7.0 Preview Builds

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
Hi All,

I finally got around to releasing a set of ScummVM testing/preview builds for all the GPH backend devices (GP2X, Wiz and Caanoo) and the OpenPandora.

You can grab them from my site and I would appreciate any feedback from testing as these builds will they form the basis of the upcoming official 1.7.0 releases in the near future.

Comments to this thread, my site or the ScummVM forums please. Bug fixes and patches to the ScummVM tracker or GIThub :). Oh, and please don't mirror these test builds.

Cheers,

John

Thanks a lot for this release John. I'm testing on a GP2X-F100(mk2). Just a couple of things. First is really trivial. The bottom half of the word 'Search' and the half of the text in the icon next to the search bar disappear when you click in the search bar, or anywhere else on the screen. You can see what I mean from the pic below.
The second issue is a major one, and also exists in v1.5.0. It's to do with the mouse pointer movement. If you push a direction, like say 'left' and then try and break into a diagonal, the mouse pointer just stops dead. You then have to let the joystick center itself and push a direction again to resume control. It is incredibly frustrating to play on an F100 because of this, having to be supremely accurate when pushing a direction to keep the mouse moving. You basically have to play by pushing a direction, let go of the stick, push another direction, let go of the stick...and so forth. The mouse pointer works perfect in v1.2.1, which is why I still use that version. You can do circles with the stick in v1.2.1 and earlier and the mouse pointer responds perfectly without ever stopping dead. But something went wrong in v1.5.0. Can you revert to the mouse emulation code from v1.2.1 for the forthcoming v1.7.0 release for GP2X-F100 users?
Cheers.

svm.png

Nightbird said:
The second issue is a major one, and also exists in v1.5.0. It's to do with the mouse pointer movement. If you push a direction, like say 'left' and then try and break into a diagonal, the mouse pointer just stops dead. You then have to let the joystick center itself and push a direction again to resume control. It is incredibly frustrating to play on an F100 because of this, having to be supremely accurate when pushing a direction to keep the mouse moving. You basically have to play by pushing a direction, let go of the stick, push another direction, let go of the stick...and so forth. The mouse pointer works perfect in v1.2.1, which is why I still use that version. You can do circles with the stick in v1.2.1 and earlier and the mouse pointer responds perfectly without ever stopping dead. But something went wrong in v1.5.0. Can you revert to the mouse emulation code from v1.2.1 for the forthcoming v1.7.0 release for GP2X-F100 users?

Hiya,

Thanks for the report, I missed that as my main GP2X is an F200 these days, I just do a quick check on my one remaining F100 (held together with tape and dabs of solder ;)). That said, last time I tried ScummVM on it I was sure the controls worked as expected.

1.2.1 was a very different best for the GP2X so it is not as simple as just copying some code around but can you tell me if it worked as expected in the 1.4.* releases? That would help (if you can't, I'll check tonight when I get some free time to hack about).

As for the search graphics snag, I may have to just live with that as I expect if I change the theme layout this close to release I'll get lynched by other devs ;).

DJWillis said:
Hiya,

Thanks for the report, I missed that as my main GP2X is an F200 these days, I just do a quick check on my one remaining F100 (held together with tape and dabs of solder ;)). That said, last time I tried ScummVM on it I was sure the controls worked as expected.

1.2.1 was a very different best for the GP2X so it is not as simple as just copying some code around but can you tell me if it worked as expected in the 1.4.* releases? That would help (if you can't, I'll check tonight when I get some free time to hack about).

As for the search graphics snag, I may have to just live with that as I expect if I change the theme layout this close to release I'll get lynched by other devs ;).

Thanks for the reply. Hope your F100 still works., sounds like it has been in the wars. If it doesn't, I can do any testing you require. Regarding v1.4.1, the mouse never worked in the GP2X version (see link here). When you fixed it in v1.5.0, we were left with the issue described in my post above, where you were pretty much restricted to single keystrokes to play it. v1.2.1 feels more like the Pandora version, where you can swirl the mouse around the screen to your hearts content.
Cheers.

Nightbird said:
Thanks for the reply. Hope your F100 still works., sounds like it has been in the wars. If it doesn't, I can do any testing you require. Regarding v1.4.1, the mouse never worked in the GP2X version (see link here). When you fixed it in v1.5.0, we were left with the issue described in my post above, where you were pretty much restricted to single keystrokes to play it. v1.2.1 feels more like the Pandora version, where you can swirl the mouse around the screen to your hearts content.
Cheers.

Thanks for that, sounds odd but it has been so long and so much has happened I sort of lost track of where I left things ;). I'll see what I can do.

DJWillis said:
Thanks for that, sounds odd but it has been so long and so much has happened I sort of lost track of where I left things ;). I'll see what I can do.
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

Back