Scumm Setup And Install

narmak

I have downloaded and installed the new f200 version of scummvm, but whenever I run the gpe, my gp2x restarts. Is there something I am doing wrong here? I have read through all of the readme files, but they don't seem to give an overview of how games should be installed, and I am not sure if installed games are a prerequisite to running the application (though I did try to install them by just dropping the game folders into my scumm folder). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

narmak said:
I have downloaded and installed the new f200 version of scummvm, but whenever I run the gpe, my gp2x restarts. Is there something I am doing wrong here? I have read through all of the readme files, but they don't seem to give an overview of how games should be installed, and I am not sure if installed games are a prerequisite to running the application (though I did try to install them by just dropping the game folders into my scumm folder). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I was going to just load scummvm and tell you how to do it, but oddly I've now got the same problem...

are you trying to plan zak mckracken ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw, monkey island, but does whether or not a game is installed effect my ability to start scummvm?

narmak said:
Naw, monkey island, but does whether or not a game is installed effect my ability to start scummvm?
Shouldn't. I've not investigated this any further, but are you using gmenu2x ?

I actually was trying it on a brand new 4gb sd card I picked up after thanksgiving. After installing scummvm on my 2gb card, it seems to work fine. Not sure what it is about the two cards, maybe I have some dependent libraries installed on the 2gb that I do not have on the 4gb card. Have any idea what those might be?

narmak said:
I actually was trying it on a brand new 4gb sd card I picked up after thanksgiving. After installing scummvm on my 2gb card, it seems to work fine. Not sure what it is about the two cards, maybe I have some dependent libraries installed on the 2gb that I do not have on the 4gb card. Have any idea what those might be?
Hey there!

I think I've found the issue. Open up the folder on your GP2X with windows explorer, or whatever, and make sure that all the directories are not set to "read only". This was also causing me problems with saving games.

Let me know if this solves your issue...

Back