Scroll Bars

Pleng

I have an issue with scrollbars ok XFCE. When Im in an application and I want to scroll (terminal is a good example as it doesnt allow for scrolling with cursor keys as an alternative), I can scroll up or down one or two lines, but the second or third click (using the nubs - a quick test using the touch screen appears to be working normally) will send the scrollbar right to the top or bottom, depending on which way Im going.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Try shift+page up for terminals.

As for your problem I don't have a pandora yet so I can't test. Could the right stick Y axis be used for scrolling? With some kind of dead zone so you don't have a chance of doing 2 things at a time? I don't think it's being used for anything at the moment. If they did things right, it might even be possible now through some kind of config file.

I think, but am not sure. that the Y AXIS is used for double clicks. Can anybody confirm?

Was there a suitable workaround for this problem "I can scroll up or down one or two lines, but the second or third click (using the nubs - a quick test using the touch screen appears to be working normally) will send the scrollbar right to the top or bottom, depending on which way Im going."?

This is driving me nuts!!!

Pleng said:
I think, but am not sure. that the Y AXIS is used for double clicks. Can anybody confirm?

Only, when the mode is set to Mousebuttons.
If you change the mode to scrolling, you can scroll using the nubs.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Pleng said:

Only, when the mode is set to Mousebuttons.
If you change the mode to scrolling, you can scroll using the nubs.

Yes that works except then I have no mouse buttons!

Is there any way to configure the nub so left and right perform clicks, and up and down scroll?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Is there any way to configure the nub so left and right perform clicks, and up and down scroll?
:eek: *idea* (== i might use that) AFAIK ( :p , i just hacked a bit on that driver) not (yet), but it should be quite simple of a mode to add, so I might just do this, any suggestions for mode name (now: mouse,mbuttons,scroll,absolute) though? :p
I can do the kernel hack, ED needs to add a line or a few to nub configuration script (I can prolly send a patch for that too), etc, but are there any objections to this?

EDIT: To add, that clicky bar fail is because there's a touchscreen mode activated somewhere so clicking twice (or doing what it thinks is a click + hold or something i dunno) will do a right click, which will scroll the bar all the way. I workaround by using the keyboard (shift+pgup/dn in terminal) or just dragging the scrollbar.

urjaman said:
Pleng said:
any suggestions for mode name (now: mouse,mbuttons,scroll,absolute) though? :p

mbuttonscroll
mbutscroll
mbutsc

doesn't really matter, as it's never seen by the user :p

On the menu should perhaps be displayed as Mouse buttons & vertical scroll

I dunno really.

Glad your thinking of patching it in. Would be awesomeo. :)

Good job!

This needs fixing. Its a complete PITA to scroll through pages of roms and then the bar to go straight to the bottom of the list GRRR!

jonlad1 said:
Good job!

This needs fixing. Its a complete PITA to scroll through pages of roms and then the bar to go straight to the bottom of the list GRRR!

X and Y are page up and down buttons...

-God Ginrai

Back