Screen Protector

garethp1745 posted on Oct 6 2006 at 01:41 PM said:
Should have been one in with you GP2x...
LMAO, you can't count that as a screen protector, it was a cheap bit of plastic similar to any you get on any new system. I'm talking about a real screen protector like the ones you can get for a PSP. Ah, maybe I have found my own answer, I could get one for another console and cut it to size.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 6 2006 at 03:08 PM said:
LMAO, you can't count that as a screen protector, it was a cheap bit of plastic similar to any you get on any new system. I'm talking about a real screen protector like the ones you can get for a PSP. Ah, maybe I have found my own answer, I could get one for another console and cut it to size.

They say that there's meant to be one underneath that. It's already fitted and may not be noticeable.

ste_167 posted on Oct 6 2006 at 03:20 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 6 2006 at 03:08 PM said:

They say that there's meant to be one underneath that. It's already fitted and may not be noticeable.
Just checked and there isn't one. Who are these they people anyway?

I just got one off EBay for £0.01p. It's for a PSP and I am going to cut it to size. For that price you simply cannot go wrong!

my only real gripe with the gp2x is that it's impossible to see in sunlight (direct or no). i have a mk1.

has anyone done any mods to help with this? ideas? i don't know much about lcd viewing.

I thought about buying a screen protector, but afer about 3 months of use, I don't see any noticeable scratches. I'm impressed by the 2X screen's durability, my Gameboy Advance screen got very easily scratched all the time.

I agree that the lighting for the 2X is inconveninent when trying to use it with heavy, direct sunlight. Gamepark should have offerred an option to turn this off.

cador posted on Oct 7 2006 at 10:44 AM said:
I thought about buying a screen protector, but afer about 3 months of use, I don't see any noticeable scratches. I'm impressed by the 2X screen's durability, my Gameboy Advance screen got very easily scratched all the time.

I agree that the lighting for the 2X is inconveninent when trying to use it with heavy, direct sunlight. Gamepark should have offerred an option to turn this off.

If we're lucky, we might be able to turn it off under firmware... it is a big IF however, and it might be a homebrew firmware hack too..

You don't need a screen protector, the thick plastic ontop of the LCD does its job incredibely well.

- Alex

Shikaku posted on Oct 7 2006 at 05:47 PM said:

If we're lucky, we might be able to turn it off under firmware... it is a big IF however, and it might be a homebrew firmware hack too..

The default music player can do it - shouldnt be too hard

justthisguy posted on Oct 7 2006 at 01:03 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Oct 7 2006 at 05:47 PM said:

The default music player can do it - shouldnt be too hard

The backlight, of course we know how to turn off the LCD completely... We can't turn off JUST THE BACKLIGHT

Turning the light off is easy, but when I tried to make a standalone program to do it, the display kept turning itself off too.

Hi all
Sorry to bring this old topic up but I have just cut some screen protectors out with my vinyl cutter from high grade static cling (which took some finding) for my GP2X. I am debating if I should try putting them for sale on ebay.
I am not trying to sell them here because I am not sure of the rules on selling on here, but would just like to get a general feel if people would be intrested or should I not bother.
Regards
Scraggy

Back