Screen Protection

Zen

I just would like to clear something up..

Whats the best these two?

1:- leave on the transit protection film (inc bubbles)

2:- Rip it off and pray it won't be scratched or the purple coating rubbed off?

taa

i thought that people only saw the purple if they left the screen thing on?

anyway, i say take it off. dont know why but it annoys the hell outta me. :angry:

Yes, it is annoying.. only good point is that it serves as a scratchguard :/

and how do i remove it, cause there are some nasty-looking scratches on my screen, but I guess that's the reflective film.

KeimOmatiC posted on Dec 16 2003 at 10:31 AM said:
Okay, read the following really slowly and try to understand it:

THE - FILM - IS - ONLY - FOR - THE - PROTECTION - OF - YOUR - SCREEN - DURING - THE - SHIPPING !

IT'S - SO - EASY - TO - PEEL - IT - OFF - BECAUSE - THEY - WANT - YOU - TO - REMOVE - IT - WHEN - YOU - UNPACKAGE - IT.

;)

KeimO'
Yes, but i didn't remove mine yet too.
It just saves my screen. I think i let it on my screen for a (long) while! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
KeimOmatiC posted on Dec 16 2003 at 11:58 AM said:
Of course you can do that, but the Picture is MUCH clearer without the Film.

BTW: The Material of the GP32 Screen is much better, than the Material used for the GBA. While my GBA has these really fine "scratches" (you should know them if you've cleaned a CD with your T-Shirt before ;) ), the GP is still Scratch free.

And if you really want a good protection film, go to your local Hardwarestore and buy one for a PDA. Much better, than this crappy shipping-protection-film.

regards
KeimO'
I found my gp32 screen got scratched very quickly, it seems to have some sort of "coating" (I'm not talking about the protective peel off sheet) which has a purple/blue tint when you look at it in the light at an angle. The actual screen doesn't seem to be "scratched" it just looks as if the coating has got marked.

Oh well I'll have to put in an order for a new screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that there are two 'types' of fil on top of the screen;
The protective peel-off plastic layer

and

The rubbed-off anti reflective layer

Back