Scorched Earth Game

0-bake

hi,

i just found out that scorched earth is the original version of a PD rip-off i played when i was a child.
is there any version or clone for the gp32? any emulator or port?

uhh, how much fun would that be. if there isn't any version, i think i have to learn fenix after i finished my exams.

Multiplayer. :)

And GOOD CPU opponents.

I used to LOVE Scorched Earth, back when I had a computer that was crappy enough to run it at a playable speed (wow, that's like the 100% opposite of nowadays... o_O). I only liked playing it when I was playing against my brothers, or a group of friends. Hmm... I guess it's kinda like how you play Gunbound: you need a bunch of other people in order for it to be any kind of fun. Google Gunbound if you don't know what it is.

Well anyway, this is a neat idea, but definately it'd need multiplayer support, should anyone choose to port it or remake it.

If only there were more people in my area with a GP32... :(

the version i've played was called "ballerburg" on the Atari ST, but it is in high resolution mode and not supported by castaway yet.

but maybe there is another clone out there with a different name. actually i didn't knew the original name since this evening.
and actually there is another clone for the C64 called "castle battle", but it doesn't run on frodo (argh!).

There is an alternative... A software group from the Amiga scene called Dark Horse or something, created a demo/shareware called Scorched Tanks. I'm %80 positive they would be willing to share the code with us. Possibly not for the commercial/full version, but it might be a start.

Perhaps sources from other PD versions of this game might be found. The Atari ST version sounds promising as well.

Yeah, I too used to play "scorches" much and also the other shareware game called like Tanks or what, which was the same only in VGA.
I was thinking about creating a remake once but I have no idea how to do the AI and even if I managed that, the CPU would hit the target every time.
Thus it would probably be only for two players which on one GP32 would not be so much fun perhaps.

A port of the Amiga PD game may be the solution :)

Back