savestates in gpengine v.4

dsr_aa

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I'm kinda new at this, but I'm learning fast, I have a problem though.

In Gpengine, after I load a rom and I want to save, I go back into the file manager and move the cursor over, and It seems to save, but I can never seem to figure out how to load the savestates? They don't showup after I load another rom, or even if I restart the program.

Somebody help me?

It's a feature that aint been fully implemented yet-maybe in the next version it will be sorted.But for now-savestate doesn't work. :(

Sadly, save states don't actually work in gpengine. The website suggests that they do, and for that matter, so does the program. but they don't. I've heard suggestions that there may be a newer version still on the way, but I don't know if anyone knows when that would be. I would hope for savestates to work in that version. Or failing that, apparently rlyeh is working on his own PC engine emu - that may well end up being better than gpengine.

damn, I was under the full impression that they did and I was missing them somehow. So you guys mean I've been wasting all my time, trying to save stuff that don't work? DAMN! :)

I hope ryleh does finish his emu. I am anxious.
DSR

As far as I know rlyeh is working 500 different emulators and one of them is fPCE, which obviously is a PC Engine emulator.
However, and no disrespect to rlyeh's programming capabilities, I think it will take a lot of work to match GPEngine's speed, compatibility and the excellent graphic interface (programmed by black- and giffel).
GPEngine was the first emu I tried with the GP32 back in March and it was way ahead of all emus in all respects. Now, more then half a year later, GPEngine misses some features such as "Good" rom naming, savestates and save configs which are more common now. But this emulator does extremely well what it's supposed to.
I would be very surprised if the next GPEngine version, whenever it comes out, does not deliver top notch emulation goodness once more.
Well - I'm off to play some Galaga 88 and Parasol Stars now. See ya later.

Back