Samsung Nc10

Nightwheel said:
Whoa whoa whoa, Windows XP based computer laptop with Multi Touch support. This laptop already seems incredible.

Like the looks too. Does the Multi Touch work well?
Oh damn, I thought you were talking about the screen and not the touchpad <_<
Looks like a nice netbook nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, interested in one of these, but they don't do a cheaper Linux version (currently/ever?) so has anyone tried installing say Ubuntu on it and has anyone tried and succeeded in getting their Microsoft tax back?

I bought a EEE pc when the first came out for 220 quid a 4gb 701.

I do regret it its all small and really light weight and does the job but i wish i had of waited it can just fit a small and fairly shitty windows xp on it the speakers at the side of the screen look ridiculous plus make the screen much smaller than it could of been and the battery life is a joke.

Apart from that i actually love it :D

tim0391 said:
I bought a EEE pc when the first came out for 220 quid a 4gb 701.

I do regret it its all small and really light weight and does the job but i wish i had of waited it can just fit a small and fairly shitty windows xp on it the speakers at the side of the screen look ridiculous plus make the screen much smaller than it could of been and the battery life is a joke.

Apart from that i actually love it :D
I bought an EEE 1000HA not that long ago and it's actually become my main machine for most of my day-to-day tasks. I installed Mandriva 2009 on it and have been pretty satisfied with it. I think I'll still be keeping my EEE 701 though, as I still think it's the better laptop to throw in my backpack when I ride my bike somewhere. They're cheap enough that if I bail and wreck it, it's not going to sting too badly. I installed Mandriva on that one too, and have my /home directory entirely on a 16GB SD card. /usr is compressed, so I can fit quite a bit of applications on the 4GB SSD and performance is still pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The EEEPC 901 I have is excellent and I'd say the perfect size, although I would be impressed if the 6-hour battery life claims on the NC10 were true (my 901 holds out for 4:30 under Ubuntu with WiFi on). The keyboard looks nice, too.

Back