Rubik's Cube.

iDaniel

Still Fresh
Hi there. First off, I've been a lurker for a few weeks, and posted maybe twice. Just wanted to introduce myself, and say that I <3 my GP2X.

Back to business ...

I was going through my drawer a few days ago and I stumbled upon an old Rubik's cube that I never solved, so determined to put all of those colors in the right spot, I gave it a try ... 3 days later, a lot less sleep later, and about 6 google queries later ...

I finished it! I'm very happy with myself, even though I did look for solutions. Now my question is - all of the websites said the steps were "easy to memorize" .. but I beg to differ. Has anyone found a solution that is truly easy to memorize? Oh and also, what's your best time for solving a cube? Mine's 3 days. Beat that :p

Hi there. First off, I've been a lurker for a few weeks, and posted maybe twice. Just wanted to introduce myself, and say that I <3 my GP2X.

Back to business ...

I was going through my drawer a few days ago and I stumbled upon an old Rubik's cube that I never solved, so determined to put all of those colors in the right spot, I gave it a try ... 3 days later, a lot less sleep later, and about 6 google queries later ...

I finished it! I'm very happy with myself, even though I did look for solutions. Now my question is - all of the websites said the steps were "easy to memorize" .. but I beg to differ. Has anyone found a solution that is truly easy to memorize? Oh and also, what's your best time for solving a cube? Mine's 3 days. Beat that :p
theres thousands of different algorythms, every single part HAS to end up touching a specific part, not just match up all the whites etc. i can do it in <4mins and i still have a lot of trouble remembering stuff. i think the world record is around 11 seconds, which is just bullshit.
its good to see you found an interest in such a gaming device, not just an electronic one. keep up the work, its quite rewarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply :D

Yeah, I do believe that the recent record for 'speedcubing' was just over 11 seconds. Theres billions if not trillions of possibilities that the cube can display, which makes it pretty cool. I can easily do the first two layers now, it's just the last layer that's the hardest, because it has the most algorithms.

When I was at school, I used to be able to complete it in a few minutes. We all at school memorised all the moves. But if you asked me to do it now, I would run away and buy some chocolate instead.

Back